Brown Scapular

• Thread starter Thread starter starrs0
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

starrs0

I’m someone who is in RCIA at the moment I’ve been reading about the Brown Scapular of Our Lady and I’d like to enroll as a way of honoring her (and reminding me to not sin) must I wait until I’m fully recived into the Church to make the enrollment or not?

No, I believe not.

Have your priest do the enrollment. It is in the book of blessings. When I had my mom enrolled, shortly before her death, I had to find the enrollment for the priest. Any priest my enroll you.

Welcome to our Mother’s protection. :yup:

kensmen.com/catholic/scapulars.html

Have you read and checked out the Secular Carmilite thread. There are many great links that can help you move further along this path once you are part of the Catholic church. It’s great reading for now too!

Peace,
Jen

Can my daughter, who hasn’t made her first communion yet, be enrolled? I know that she will be automaticly enrolled during the first communion process when the priest puts it over her head but she sees me wearing mine and keeps asking me when she can start wearing her’s. Don’t want to go with her to a priest to have her enrolled only to be told that it’s too soon.

My understanding is that non-Catholics may wear the brown scapular much like they are allowed to use many sacramentals. I believe there are graces associated with it that are tied to receiving the Sacraments which obviously you would not be able to participate in, but there is still the very powerful benefit of encouraging the proper disposition.

Scott

I only recenlty learned of the different colors in whcih the scapular is available. I need to replace one I lost. Traditionally I have usedthe borwn scapualr form Carmel, because I have a particular affection for thos Carmelites. However I recently read about a green scapular and want to know if green is only the sign for people whom one wishes to convert to the Catholic faith, or is it appopriate to wear a green one, if I am trying to convert my soul so that it is closer to God than it has been in the past? Also, are all the colors authentically Catholic, or are they gimmicks designed by diffeent religious stores.

40.png
serendipity:
I only recenlty learned of the different colors in whcih the scapular is available. I need to replace one I lost. Traditionally I have usedthe borwn scapualr form Carmel, because I have a particular affection for thos Carmelites. However I recently read about a green scapular and want to know if green is only the sign for people whom one wishes to convert to the Catholic faith, or is it appopriate to wear a green one, if I am trying to convert my soul so that it is closer to God than it has been in the past? Also, are all the colors authentically Catholic, or are they gimmicks designed by diffeent religious stores.
There’s a link on the scapular thread that explains about the different scapulars.

Jen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back