Buying a Censer for Home Altar Use

  • Thread starter Thread starter pensmama87
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pensmama87

Guest
I would like to buy a censer to use at home. I would prefer the kind that stands on a table, rather than hanging. (It would be used and stored on a stone mantel, so well out of reach of children and not a fire hazard).

My initial searches seem to be turning up a lot of items that are produced by or intended as “Eastern” (read: non-Christian, New-Agey, Buddhist, NOT Eastern Orthodox or Catholic) items, which I don’t think would be suitable at all.

Does anybody have suggestions on where to buy or specific censers that would be suitable for home use?
 
onlinecatholicstore.com/censers-incense/

Here’s a tip, do not buy cheap incense. Good incense is like perfume, the more you spend the better you get. Cheap incense is often less than satisfactory. You can sometimes find sample packets (cost a couple bucks) to try before investing in a large container.
 
I’d like to make a suggestion. 1st of all I think its awesome that you want to do this. I have a home mini chapel too in the corner of my bedroom. But my room is small, I live in an apartment. And I know some censors can “send forth” a whole cloud of smoke and if I did that in my room it would fill the whole place and set off my smoke detector LOL

So, here is my idea, try going to Walmart, if you have one near you. And back with they have the candles, they have incense in sticks and stone boxes that not only store the sticks but catch the ashes when its in use. They have several kinds to choose from. Some are rather “Goth” or Chinese Dragon kind but they do have some that are just nice for home use.

And if all else fails, you can burn candles too that are scented. I have several that I use and they are less messy and easier to use. Hope this helps you too!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top