Byzantine book recommendations

• Thread starter Thread starter Brigh111
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Brigh111

A little bit ago I made a post asking about differences between the Byzantine rite and the Roman rite. With everything I hear, I become more and more interested in learning about the Byzantine rite. Does anyone have any books they might recommend? Anything would be wonderful, from simple explanations to the writings of Byzantine Church fathers. Thank you! (I am particularly interested in the Ruthenian church since that is what my boyfriend belongs to.)

A little bit ago I made a post asking about differences between the Byzantine rite and the Roman rite. With everything I hear, I become more and more interested in learning about the Byzantine rite. Does anyone have any books they might recommend? Anything would be wonderful, from simple explanations to the writings of Byzantine Church fathers. Thank you! (I am particularly interested in the Ruthenian church since that is what my boyfriend belongs to.)
https://mci.archpitt.org/

Also check Byzantine Seminary Press website for books.

Check out the Light for Life series. That’s probably the best place to start.

Read the writings of Sts. John Chrysostom, Basil the Great, and Gregory of Nazianzus (known in the Byzantine East as the “Three Holy Hierarchs”).

The Face of God by Archbishop Joseph Raya is a wonderful source as well.

That should be sufficient reading to get you started. 😉

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back