Can I bring a list to confession?

  • Thread starter Thread starter fireproofpoodle
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fireproofpoodle

Guest
Hi.

Can I bring a list of my sins to confession so I don’t forget them, or would this be disrespectful?
 
I have for a long time. There is nothing disrespectful about it at all. It helps me to organize my thoughts and remember what I have to confess. I don’t end up stumbling around or being able to only remember 3 things. Just be sure you rip up your list and throw it away when you are finished. After all, that’s what Jesus does with them when he absolves you of your sins.
 
Hi.

Can I bring a list of my sins to confession so I don’t forget them, or would this be disrespectful?
Sure can. Just be sure to destroy it once you’re done. Not for sacramental reasons, but because your confession is between you and God.

I use an iPhone app called iConfess, which allows me to read through a detailed list of mortal sins and “tag” them so that I can make as concise a confession as my heart allows me.
 
Hi.

Can I bring a list of my sins to confession so I don’t forget them, or would this be disrespectful?
I bring a list of my sins so I won’t forget anything I need to talk to my confessor / spiritual director about.
 
I bring a list of questions when I go to my physical doctor.

I bring a list of sins to my “spiritual doctor.”

Not a problem with either.
 
I go into confession knowing what I want to say, but if I think I will forget anything, I put a piece of paper in my pocket with key words on it. That way, if I do forget something, I know I can pull out my piece of paper and refer to it. I’ve never had to do that, but I feel more secure knowing that I have it to fall back on. Then the first thing I do when I get home is put the paper in the shredder.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top