Can I clear my conscience?

  • Thread starter Thread starter HolleyWilliams
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
H

HolleyWilliams

Guest
My dear husband is booked for a vasectomy in two weeks. In all honesty I’d rather he didn’t do it, but I’m not stopping him because as much as I love my children, I have had enough.
To set the scene a little, we practised NFP successfully after the birth of our first child, until she was 2 when we tried for the second. We returned to NFP after the birth of our second but as I’m getting older now my cycles are more erratic and I was fooled into thinking I’d already ovulated when in fact it was quite the opposite…now we have 6 month old twins!
I’m not getting any younger and I kinda feel that if God really felt strongly about us having more kids then he’d arrange a failed vasectomy, or some other event to stop it happening, is that so terrible?
I’m tired all the time, we can’t really afford more than 4 kids & I want to settle back and focus on them for now.
So like I say, I’m not going to stop hm going ahead, can I confess this, do I need to confess this? If I confess it’s just the once right?
I wish it didn’t have to be like this but I don’t see an alternative. Btw my husband is a Christmas and Easter mass attendee :confused:
 
God isn’t so crass as to foil your husband’s attempt at sterilization just to prove a point. Both he and you are in precarious positions. Your husband for seeking the procedure and you for not trying to prevent him.

You may need to learn a new NFP method or take more advanced training for your current method but NFP does still work with aging bodies.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top