Can I get spiritual guidance on this?

• Thread starter Thread starter matjam
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

matjam

Hello All,
I have a very good friend with whom I share spiritual matters. So in one of our discussions, I told her about Fr. Gabriel Amorth (Was Vatican`s Chief Exorcist), and his works and asked her to read about his works as it gives more insights. On another occasion, she told me she was about to start yoga training and I showed her a reference where Fr. Gabriel talks about how yoga can lead to possession. She told it was timely and dropped the plan immediately. Recently when I talked to her she was disturbed and told after she started reading about Fr. Gabriel Amorth, she started seeing lots of snakes and that she is not reading about him anymore. She also mentioned reading a book called dolorous passion and she is feeling emotionally drained. I was sad after here these and sees it all as cunning ordinary activities of the devil. But I don’t know how to convince her. Any Guidance? Please remember her in prayers.

Last edited:
She needs to speak with her priest about this. There´s not much we can do. If anything, help her and encourage her to speak with her priest.

If the COVID-19 situation is affecting your area very much, then she should call her priest to see if she can get an appointment or do it over the phone.

1ke is right. She needs to talk to a competent spiritual director.

And you really need to take her name off the post. That’s not fair to her privacy, especially seeing as you’ve posted matters concerning her conscience here.

-Fr ACEGC

Sorry Father I am removing it right away. I thought it would be helpful to pray for her.

God knows whom we refer to when we pray. We don’t need to use names.

You could pray for her and suggest she pray the rosary (if she doesn’t already). Perhaps even suggest you pray it together over the phone. That is likely to help her spiritually and is not stepping on any toes re spiritual advice. If she declines then pray it anyway for her intentions. God bless you for you concern for her

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back