Can I rent this place?

• Thread starter Thread starter jjje1995
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jjje1995

I am a young male teacher. After spending some time looking for a new place to live, I found somewhere pretty good, however:
  1. There was some laughing Buddha statue outside - If I rented a room and bathroom here, would I be supporting idols?
  2. The other people living there are girls; however, we would only share the kitchen, and I practise strict celibacy and plan to keep on doing so as I discern my future - but would I be committing a sin of scandal?
I’m quite desperate now, as I have found some pretty awful places, and I have experienced quite a bit of verbal abuse and aggression where I currently live (it got to the point that I didn’t feel I could walk freely around the house); however, I don’t want to lose my soul over this. Please give me some guidance.

I think you are being a bit scrupulous. I do not find this sinful at all. Please talk to a priest about this matter so he can guide you. 🙂

No and no.

If you think this is a problem you probably need some spiritual guidance from your pastor. Neither of these things is a sin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back