Can I work on Sunday

• Thread starter Thread starter saintlouisblues19
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

saintlouisblues19

I am a 17 year old, and I am working very very few hours a week. I am trying to get a job at Menards before all the positions fill up like last year when I tried to get a job. Due to my college math class my parents won’t let me work during the week and the only days that Menards will hire me is Friday+Saturday+Sunday because they need Sunday workers, and in order to secure a position this summer I need to get a job now. (My dad is making me because I need to make more money). Would this be an exception or do I still need to avoid all forms of work on Sunday. (Btw If I apply I will ask to have a short amount of hours on Sunday)

I work ever Sunday, except for the days I’m blessed to have it off.

Someone told me a job is the exception to the no work on Sunday rule.

Last edited:
I’m just worried because I’m literally signing up to work on sundays, but’s it’s the only way I get the job. Thanks for the reply

You can work if those are your hours. Attend mass on Saturday night if you are able.

As long as you can still attend a mass either Saturday evening or Sunday I don’t see why it would be an issue. It’s not a situation you want to be in, but have to be in given your circumstances.

One question that you shouldn’t feel obligated to answer: you’re only 17, why is there such pressure on you to make money? I understand that not everyone makes a lot of money but you shouldn’t have to sacrifice your spiritual life and youth going to school 5 days a week then work on all your days off.

There are things that my parents can’t afford that I need to buy for myself (nothing serious). And my dad wants me to save money so I can have a head start when I need money later in life

Your a good kid, wanting to stay with God while trying to help you’re parents. God Bless.

You could always ask your employer to have a later start so you can attend Mass on Sunday morning.

I also work on Sunday. It is also required for my job. I can’t start later. I can’t change my hours.

I work at our local parish.

And I work for our pastor.

I attend Mass on Saturday night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back