Can New catholic"not baptised yet" to have a confession?

  • Thread starter Thread starter eblude
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

eblude

Guest
Hey all
I am new christian and sorry If i ask alot of questions. but I feel like in love with Lord want to know all about him . just like having a new date you want to hear about all about your date.

Anyway I would like to confess my sins and I am not sure if I am allowed since I have not been baptized yet. will start process next week.

thank you
 
Hi!

We were told in RCIA that baptism washes your sins clean. Confession is a sacrament for Catholics.

However…You are free to make an appointment with a priest and talk. 🙂 Do that. Or with a deacon. I’m sure you’ll get some good guidance. 👍
 
Hey all
I am new christian and sorry If i ask alot of questions. but I feel like in love with Lord want to know all about him . just like having a new date you want to hear about all about your date.

Anyway I would like to confess my sins and I am not sure if I am allowed since I have not been baptized yet. will start process next week.

thank you
No, you cannot go to the Sacrament of Confession until after you are a baptized Catholic. As the poster above me has noted, however, your sins are all washed away by baptism when you receive it, and so you will not need to confess sins committed before your baptism.

However, if you wish to confess your previous sins after being baptized, for purposes of piety, that is absolutely good and beautiful and there is nothing stopping you.
 
Hey all
I am new christian and sorry If i ask alot of questions.
😃 There’s a reason we are called Catholic Answers!!!
but I feel like in love with Lord want to know all about him . just like having a new date you want to hear about all about your date.
How wonderful!!!
Anyway I would like to confess my sins and I am not sure if I am allowed since I have not been baptized yet. will start process next week.
If you have never been baptized, your sins will be washed away in your baptism–no need for Confession! Until then, you cannot receive the sacrament of Confession because it won’t happen in your soul since your soul has not received the mark of baptism.

If you are receiving a conditional baptism, which happens for those who think they might have been baptised, or for those who may have received an improper baptism (some denominations baptize with the wrong words, for example), then you will go to Confession conditionally beforehand.
thank you
Welcome to the Church!!! And welcome to CAF 🙂
 
😃 There’s a reason we are called Catholic Answers!!!

How wonderful!!!

If you have never been baptized, your sins will be washed away in your baptism–no need for Confession! Until then, you cannot receive the sacrament of Confession because it won’t happen in your soul since your soul has not received the mark of baptism.

If you are receiving a conditional baptism, which happens for those who think they might have been baptised, or for those who may have received an improper baptism (some denominations baptize with the wrong words, for example), then you will go to Confession conditionally beforehand.

Welcome to the Church!!! And welcome to CAF 🙂
I appreciate your answer.
The thing since I am learning and reflecting moments. I would like to talk about what I sinned my temptations and love for lord.

I am recently divorced which ended in worse way possible. I start have temptations for casual encounters , one night stand etc. not for lust but loneliness and missing having a partner. I do not want to sin and talking about my old sins asking forgiveness will help me to stay strong and fight temptations since i want to do things right in a catholic manner
 
When I was involved in my parish’s youth group, we had a kid from a Baptist background who came weekly. Some nights we would have confession and that kid would be in line. From what he tells me is that he would go in and tell the priest that he isn’t Catholic. He used the confessional as a chance to talk to the priest and get spiritual guidance.
 
I am recently divorced which ended in worse way possible. I start have temptations … talking about my old sins asking forgiveness will help me to stay strong and fight temptations since i want to do things right in a catholic manner
You can meet with a Priest - and talk with him (of course telling him you have never been baptized so cannot go to confession). He can give you some advice and pray with you and give you a blessing if you ask.
 
You can meet with a Priest - and talk with him (of course telling him you have never been baptized so cannot go to confession). He can give you some advice and pray with you and give you a blessing if you ask.
That is true. In the '90s I used to go talk to a priest. I would confess sins, though not as a sacrament. I never forgot his kindness, and here I am.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top