Can scapulars be a reminder not to sin?

• Thread starter Thread starter Jenlyn
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jenlyn

I’m interested in all those who scapulars and their responses. I do know that wearing a scapular is used for the graces that it gives you but what about using it also for a reminder not to sin? Scapulars definitly aren’t comfortable does it help you from sinning?

The plastic on the cloth sticks me. I also have a rosary crucifix ring. If someone squeezes my hand hard (like during the sign of peace) it really hurts. But I need constant reminders because I am not a patient person and am constantly irritated by the actions of others (sad to say).

40.png
Jenlyn:
I’m interested in all those who scapulars and their responses. I do know that wearing a scapular is used for the graces that it gives you but what about using it also for a reminder not to sin? Scapulars definitly aren’t comfortable does it help you from sinning?
It is also a reminder to dress modestly.

40.png
koda:
The plastic on the cloth sticks me. I also have a rosary crucifix ring. If someone squeezes my hand hard (like during the sign of peace) it really hurts. But I need constant reminders because I am not a patient person and am constantly irritated by the actions of others (sad to say).
I think I would benifit from a scapular for this reason. It will BOTHER me. I’m just wondering if it will continue to bother me or I will get used to it.

Mine was very itchy at frist, but now I don’t even know I have it on at some times. I remind my self not to sin when I have to readjust the strings or back-end from showing since it dosen’t itch any more.

I have been wearing my scapular for many years; I have added a large Miraculous Medal and a relic of St. Max Kolbe. I feel the graces when I wear it and life doesn’t seem so difficult.
Code:
 Peace,
David

P.S. All of my children who have had their first communion wear one also.

40.png
Jenlyn:
The purpose of scapulars, medals, etc… is to remind us to stay close to God and tro try to imitate the saints in sanctity and holiness. Like a crucifix, they are symbols of the faith.

40.png
Jenlyn:
I’mwhat about using it also for a reminder not to sin? Scapulars definitly aren’t comfortable does it help you from sinning?
that was the primary reason given to us in Catholic high school for continuing to wear the scapulars we received at first communion. It is nearly impossible to sin, or to get oneself in a “near occassion of sin” which is why most of us took it off before going on dates or to parties, with predictable sad results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back