Can the souls hear us?

• Thread starter Thread starter muzteach
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

muzteach

I’ve often heard that Satan can tempt, but cannot read our thoughts. What is the church’s teaching on the ability of loved ones’ abilities in heaven to read our thoughts (prayers) as we communicate with them? I know of few people that would ever admit to verbally proclaiming their conversations with their loved ones. So, how do we know the departed souls in Heaven (or purgatory) hear our “mental-communication” with them?

I was told by my priest and have always thought that all the souls in heaven are saints. Those who have the title saint are simply people that the Church has confired are in heaven. So if your decesed loved one is in heaven than they are a saint and will hear any prayers you have to them.I do not know if souls in purgatory can hear your conversations with them. I think, but am not sure, that they cannot. Does that answer your question?

You bring up a good point. I don’t know if this will help you any, but there is a teaching that everything goes on in the presence of God. God has no past and no future. Everyone that has ever lived and will live; everything that has happened and will happen is present in God. Prayers that you might offer for somebody can be plugged in at anytime by God. Prayers offered by those who have gone before us can be plugged in because all things remain in the presence of God. God is spirit beyond our understanding. Everything is possible in God.

So, if we manage to say the prayer in my signature once for every person that has ever lived, God will go back and plug in the prayer to stop them going to hell?? Im not sure about God taking prayers from the present and using them in past/future times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back