Can this be a way of combating lust?

• Thread starter Thread starter I_like_cats
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

I_like_cats

I just move to another fantasy.

AC-130 Gunship fires upon something(which I imagine is sin/temptation)

I also pray. (Rosary, Jesus Prayer, Hail Mary & etc)

I am just a teen.

Last edited:
Seems fine.

My suggestion. Everytime you feel an urge, knock out some push ups and squats until you forget what it was you were tempted to do. Pray while you do it for double effectiveness.

These are good suggestions.
Then I think of God, visualizing Him and thinking then too of His purity and love for me.

Last edited:
Yes Jesus has strong words about lust.

“You have heard it said of old, ‘You shall not commit adultery.’ But I say to you that whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart. If your right eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and cast it from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell.” (Matthew 5:27-29)

But we are free from sin because of Jesus’s sacrifice. We are free from being slaves to sin but we not yet free from temptation in this world. (Isn’t the devil so desperate and annoying, but he is defeated!) But we can overcome all through submitting to Christ!

“Blessed is the man who endures temptation; for when he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him.” (James 1:12)

“For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, casting down arguments and every thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ.
(2 Corinthians 10:4-5)

And the Holy Spirit helps us! ⬇️

“Therefore, brethren, we are debtors – not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh. For if you live according to the flesh you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live.” (Romans 8:12-13)

Last edited:
And: James 4:7 “ Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.”

If we resist the enemy, he has no choice but to get going and leave! He can’t do anything when our will is set to follow God and surrender to Jesus.

Last edited:
What do you mean by “bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ”?

When you have an impure thought, you take control of that thought and stop thinking it. Do not let your fantasies and day dreams control you, you control them.

Thanks for the encouraging suggestion!

Thank You very much!

Also, a good way to combat bad thoughts is to say something like “Blessed be Your Holy Name, Lord,” or “Jesus, please forgive me/help me” or something small like this in the moment to surrender your thoughts to God. Then, of course, pray as soon as you can. Your desire to please God is awesome, keep at it!

Roll in a rose bush 😉

I have been asked to add these:
To fill ones mind with prayer constantly

& read Terese of Lisieux, Story of a Soul, to always remember that God is a loving Father

Last edited:
Interesting idea. Next time I find myself reaching for the Ben & Jerry’s I’ll try imagining a B-25 blasting it out of my freezer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back