Can we speak to our friends and family who have passed on and ask them to pray for us?

• Thread starter Thread starter Holly3278
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Holly3278

Hey everyone. I have asked this before but I am not sure what answer I received. I believe that we can speak to friends and family who have passed on and ask them to pray for us. Mother Angelica on a show I am watching right now led a woman in prayer to her husband and I know she is an orthodox Catholic nun. I just wanted what your opinions are and if you have any (name removed by moderator)ut.

Of course we can. Heck…I’m pretty sure that it was the intercession of many of my Catholic family faithful departed that helped bring me home to the faith.

I often stop by the graves of my Mom & Dad and say Hi and just tell them I love them and miss them and ask for their prayers…

Hey everyone. I have asked this before but I am not sure what answer I received.
The answer is yes. Pray for them, talk to them, ask for their prayers in return. Communion of Saints: it’s where the action is.

Yes.

How do you think those saints who have been Canonised by the Church got to be saints in the first place?

Boy, I sure hope so as I do it all the time. Plus, it is a huge part of my faith in the promise of an eternal life that my family that are already there get to see God and I hope speak with Him and that some day I will join them. My frequent prayer is to my Grandpa that he ask God to help me be as faithful as he was.

Hey everyone. I have asked this before but I am not sure what answer I received. I believe that we can speak to friends and family who have passed on and ask them to pray for us. Mother Angelica on a show I am watching right now led a woman in prayer to her husband and I know she is an orthodox Catholic nun. I just wanted what your opinions are and if you have any (name removed by moderator)ut.

Yes, you canpray to your deceased; even better, you can have a mass said for them and this will lesson their stay in purgatory.

SIt in a quiiet chapel and pray for them or talk to them. They are aware of what is going on here in eaarth.

God bless you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back