Can you get saints' writings?

• Thread starter Thread starter copland
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

copland

Is there a way to purchase the writings of other saints other than the Early church Fathers? I have the Church Fathers collection, and even St. Thomas Aquinas, but is there a collection of the writings of Saints like St. Francis of Assisi, St. Bonaventure, St. Isadore, and many others? All the writings of the Popes throughout history,and also what about Encyclical letters? I am trying to build up my library and I would love to get some good stuff like that. Thanks!!

40.png
copland:
Is there a way to purchase the writings of other saints other than the Early church Fathers? I have the Church Fathers collection, and even St. Thomas Aquinas, but is there a collection of the writings of Saints like St. Francis of Assisi, St. Bonaventure, St. Isadore, and many others? All the writings of the Popes throughout history,and also what about Encyclical letters? I am trying to build up my library and I would love to get some good stuff like that. Thanks!!
I don’t know about sources for the saints you cite, except St. Francis of Assisi (not in his own hand because he didn’t do much writing, but from those who followed him–check out Franciscan sources online). But, you can readily get those of St. Francis de Sales (who was the founder of a religious order and a great spiritual director), St. Teresa of Avila (a Doctor of the Church), St. Therese of Lisieux (also a Doctor of the Church), and St. Louis Marie de Montfort. Others will no doubt be able to name other Saints whose writings are readily available.

You will find St. Bonaventure’s writings on line here, together with the writings of many other saints:

catholictreasury.info/library.htm

I’m not sure whether you can purchase them, which would be nice to have in a personal library, but at least you can read them and print out important sections that appeal to you.

Somebody on the forum mentioned this site also, where you might be able to obtain classics that are out of print:

abebooks.com/%between%

🙂 Carole

You can get the encyclicals of Leo XIII here.

You can get the writings of Bonaventure here, here, here, here, here, and here.

I have searched before for St. Isidore but I could not find anything of his.

You can find several of St. Francis de Sales(here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, and here), St. Theresa of Avila(here, here, here, and here), St. Therese of Liseiux(here and here), St. John of the Cross(here and here), St. Ignatius of Loyola(here and here), St Robert Bellarmine(here and here), Catherine of Siena, Catherine of Genoa, and St. Alphonsus Liguori writings at Amazon.com. You can find the writings of men who were not canonized saints but their writings are considered as classics by Catholics. For example Walter Hilton(The Scale of Perfection), Henry Suso, Nicolas of Cusa, and author of “The Cloud of Unknowing”(unknown author).

I will allow you to check out for the rest of the names.

40.png
copland:
If you are looking for a single collection of the complete writings of a saint. Some of the above links show it. You can also see books of St. Thomas More at Barnesandnoble.com that are the complete writings. But they are expensive and they are each sold seperately. Here are some links for Thomas More(here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, and here) There are some others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back