Can you have 2 patron saints?

  • Thread starter Thread starter katpants
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

katpants

Guest
When I first started reading about Catholicism, I was really AHHHH Saint Dymphna!!! I still pray to her but I’ve been feeling quite the pull towards Saint Gemma here of late. Can you have two 2 patron saints?

Thanks!

Kat
 
When I first started reading about Catholicism, I was really AHHHH Saint Dymphna!!! I still pray to her but I’ve been feeling quite the pull towards Saint Gemma here of late. Can you have two 2 patron saints?

Thanks!

Kat
Absolutely… you can have as many as you like. They wont get mad. 🙂

I know I pray to the saint’s name I was baptized with and the saint’s name that I selected when I was confirmed. I will also pray to other saint’s for their help all the time too.
 
When I was received into the Catholic church I chose 2 names. Theresa of Avila and Elizabeth of Hungary.
 
I have three- St. Jude, St. Michael and St. Rita, besides being friends with many other saints. My patron saints I didn’t choose- they chose me! 😃
 
I think of them as my family and friends. And I have many and hope to have more.

Francis prays for me I’m pretty sure, but I don’t talk to him as much. 😊 He chose me during confirmation, however.

I speak to Therese of the Child Jesus much. Also, I love Gemma and Catherine of Siena, St Margaret Mary, Bernadette…I talk to all of them…I better stop, though. 🙂
 
I have three- St. Jude, St. Michael and St. Rita, besides being friends with many other saints. My patron saints I didn’t choose- they chose me! 😃
I have two myself – St. Jude and St. Maximilian Kolbe.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top