Can you pray on an unblessed rosary?

• Thread starter Thread starter slewi
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

slewi

hi all!

Can you pray on an unblessed rosary? I thought so, but wanted to make sure! I just had my first confession in years, and do I feel joyful!

God bless you all!
Stephen

You can pray on an unblessed rosary but it would be best to get it blessed.

matt

You do not need to use rosary beads at all. I saw a guitarist once, who was playing as he sang the Rosary, so naturally he couldn’t hold rosary beads. Instead, he had a child’s abacus-type toy with ten big colorful wooden rings. He kept count of the Hail Marys by pushing the rings back and forth on the spindle with his toe.

Lacking rosary beads or even a big wooden abacus, you can keep track of Hail Marys while praying the Rosary by counting on your fingers.

Congratulations on your Reconciliation.

I mostly use my fingers. The rosary is a a private devotion. It has no rules.

Verbum

40.png
slewi:
Can you pray on an unblessed rosary?
Sure you can. It’s the prayer and meditation on the mysteries that counts, not the beads. It might make you feel a bit more pious if it were blessed, but that doesn’t make it “better” than any other rosary. It’s just to help you keep your place.

I use a scriptural rosary that is written. To hold and read the verses I can’t hold the rosary. So I never actually hold a rosary when I pray a rosary.

B

Question along the lines of the topic::

Is there any difference between having a rosary (or anything else, for that manner) blessed by a priest and something being sanctified through being used for prayer or holy use?

Thanks for your thoughts.

Joe

40.png
chuffle:
Question along the lines of the topic::

Is there any difference between having a rosary (or anything else, for that manner) blessed by a priest and something being sanctified through being used for prayer or holy use?

Thanks for your thoughts.

Joe
Yes,
the priest has the authority to bless it which is different from us sanctifying it through use.

matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back