Can you tell me more about the fruits of the Holy Spirit?

• Thread starter Thread starter contemplative
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

contemplative

Can someone tell me more about the fruits of the Holy Spirit and does anyone have a novena to the Holy Spirit?

Go to EWTN.com

Look under the “Faith” column and go to “Devotions” or "Novena’s - can’t remember which comes up first. You will get to a list of Novenas - one being the Novena to the Holy Spirit. You can also do a search of other Holy Spirit prayers:

I use this one:

O Holy Spirit, soul of my soul, I adore you. Enlighten, guide, strengthen, and consol me. Tell me what I ought to do and command me to do it. I promise to be submissive in everything that You permit to happen to me, only show me what is Your will.

Here’s a bit:

The Church takes its official list of the Fruits of the Holy Spirit from the Latin Vulgate Bible. They are:

Charity

Joy

Peace

Patience

Benignity

Goodness

Forbearance

Mildness

Faith

Modesty

Continence

Chastity

Dear friend

The Holy Spirit has grown to become my favourite Person of the Holy Trinity as I learnt through my last Priest how to come to know Him.

I pray this prayer and through this prayer have come to deeper friendship and consolation of the Holy Spirit. I love Him deeply, my constant companion within my soul. Here is the prayer bolded in black:

Prayer to the Holy Spirit:

I am going to reveal to you the secret of sanctity and happiness. Every day for five minutes control your imagination and close your eyes to the things of sense and your ears to the noises of the world, in order to enter into yourself. Then, in the sanctity of your baptised soul (which is the temple of the Holy Spirit) speak to that Divine Spirit saying to Him:

’O, Holy Spirit, beloved of my soul- I adore You. Enlighten me, guide me, strengthen me, console me. Tell me what I should do…give me Your orders, I promise to submit myself to all that You desire of me and to accept all that you permit to happen to me. Let me only know Your Will…'

If you do this, your life will flow along happily, serenely and full of consolation, even in the midst of trials. Grace will be proportioned to the trial, giving you the strength to carry it and you will arrive at the gate of Paradise, laden with merit. This submission to the Holy Spirit is the secret of sanctity.

I speak with the Holy Spirit constantly and often say ‘Holy Spirit Creator come and renew the face of the earth’ I have many phrases I speak with Him and many kindnesses He speaks and gives to me in my heart with such flame and love. He is my closest friend and I love Him deeply.

The Holy Spirit is the secret to happiness in all events and to holiness.

God Bless you and much love and peace to you

Teresa

40.png
springbreeze:
I am going to reveal to you the secret of sanctity and happiness. Every day for five minutes control your imagination and close your eyes to the things of sense and your ears to the noises of the world, in order to enter into yourself. Then, in the sanctity of your baptised soul (which is the temple of the Holy Spirit) speak to that Divine Spirit saying to Him:

’O, Holy Spirit, beloved of my soul- I adore You. Enlighten me, guide me, strengthen me, console me. Tell me what I should do…give me Your orders, I promise to submit myself to all that You desire of me and to accept all that you permit to happen to me. Let me only know Your Will…'

If you do this, your life will flow along happily, serenely and full of consolation, even in the midst of trials. Grace will be proportioned to the trial, giving you the strength to carry it and you will arrive at the gate of Paradise, laden with merit. This submission to the Holy Spirit is the secret of sanctity.

I speak with the Holy Spirit constantly and often say ‘Holy Spirit Creator come and renew the face of the earth’ I have many phrases I speak with Him and many kindnesses He speaks and gives to me in my heart with such flame and love. He is my closest friend and I love Him deeply.

The Holy Spirit is the secret to happiness in all events and to holiness.
So that’s your secret springbreeze! Your posts are always so delightful and peaceful.

I have a question about the fruits of the Holy Spirit as well:
**Is obtaining the fruits an “all or nothing” deal? **

I believe the Holy Spirit developed some of those in my soul, but some seem more difficult for me to retain. I love the word “mildness”, but I’m opinionated and sometimes plain obnoxious. (I try not to be.) Patience with my children also seems to be something that eludes me. I’d love to have these fruits, but they seem to escape me.

I heard it said they are given at Confirmation and we just need to draw on them. Maybe I should just pray Springbreeze’s prayer as a regular habit.

40.png
gardenswithkids:
So that’s your secret springbreeze! Your posts are always so delightful and peaceful.

I have a question about the fruits of the Holy Spirit as well:
**Is obtaining the fruits an “all or nothing” deal? **

I believe the Holy Spirit developed some of those in my soul, but some seem more difficult for me to retain. I love the word “mildness”, but I’m opinionated and sometimes plain obnoxious. (I try not to be.) Patience with my children also seems to be something that eludes me. I’d love to have these fruits, but they seem to escape me.

I heard it said they are given at Confirmation and we just need to draw on them. Maybe I should just pray Springbreeze’s prayer as a regular habit.
Dear Gardenswith kids

So do I! Garden with my daughter that is, it’s a real blessing and I love to show her God’s creation 🙂

That prayer was composed by Cardinal Mercier and I took it to my heart a long time ago when I was discerning something.

It is the secret to my inner peace in the Holy Spirit, though you know of course I am a sinner.🙂

I say it daily and have it pinned up on the wall next to by bedside table.

All the gifts and fruits of the Holy Spirit are at your disposal if you dispose yourself to them and to do this you must submit your will to God’s Will and you will grow and blossom in virtue and love in the Holy Spirit.

I would say daily pray that prayer and if not that prayer daily pray to the spouse within your soul in your own words which He crafts to a beautiful prayer, Who loves you and will guide you.

God Bless you and much love and peace to you

Teresa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back