Canadian Book of Blessings

  • Thread starter Thread starter FrDavid96
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

FrDavid96

Guest
Does anyone have the official text of the Canadian Book of Blessings? or at least a link to an online retailer offering this book? I’m not trying to buy one, but I have some questions.

I’m looking very specifically for the official liturgical book of the Church, not someone’s personal authoring of “a book of blessings.”

This book used to be known as “The Roman Ritual” prior to 1984, so anything with a date prior to that will not be what I’m asking about.

I have tried the most obvious source, the online bookstore for the Canadian Conference of Bishops, but it either isn’t there, or I can’t find it. I’ve also tried several online Catholic bookstores, so please only post a link if you actually know that this book is there for sale. The book “Blessings for Home and Family” is NOT the text I’m looking for. Pardon all the negative statements please, but I’m just trying to say that I’ve tried all the obvious sources.
 
Does anyone have the official text of the Canadian Book of Blessings? or at least a link to an online retailer offering this book? I’m not trying to buy one, but I have some questions.

I’m looking very specifically for the official liturgical book of the Church, not someone’s personal authoring of “a book of blessings.”

This book used to be known as “The Roman Ritual” prior to 1984, so anything with a date prior to that will not be what I’m asking about.

I have tried the most obvious source, the online bookstore for the Canadian Conference of Bishops, but it either isn’t there, or I can’t find it. I’ve also tried several online Catholic bookstores, so please only post a link if you actually know that this book is there for sale. The book “Blessings for Home and Family” is NOT the text I’m looking for. Pardon all the negative statements please, but I’m just trying to say that I’ve tried all the obvious sources.
To the best of my knowledge, the only approved English text in existence is the US one. Other conferences have approved its use (in part or in total) in their territories.

I suppose technically wherever its not been approved, priests should use the Latin text but I’ve seen everything from old vernacular Rituals to texts produced in the 1970s (one particularly horrid one had things like “The Lord of tasty food and refreshing drink be with you”), ad libs, or texts with some sort of imprimatur on them, pressed into service.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top