Thanks Fidelis for your creative solution.
It will prove beneficial for many reasons!
Since, I complained about the O.T. citations explaining “until”
[all of my Old Testament sources do not actually use the the word “until” for any of those cited.]
I wanted to share the New Testament references I prefer. Plus some others.
defendingthebride.com/ma4/until.html
UNTIL Until - Doesn’t imply a change … ** Matthew 28:20, 1 Cor. 15: 25, Matthew 13:33, Acts 25:21 **
FIRSTBORN
Firstborn - A special status, not necessarily a numerical sequence … **Deut. 21:17, Numbers 18:15-16, 1 Chronicles 5:1-2, Gen 41:52, Jeremiah 31:9, Psalm 89: 21, 28 **
defendingthebride.com/je/divine.html#quick
Jesus is God
**John 1:1 **- “the Word was with God, and the Word was God.”
John 5:18 - “called God his Father, making himself equal with God.”
Exodus 3:14 - “God replied … ‘I AM.’ ”
John 8:58 - “Jesus said … before Abraham was, I am.’ ” RSV
John 10:33 - “you, being a man, make yourself God.”
John 20:28 - “Thomas answered him, ‘My Lord and my God!’ ”
Acts 20:28 - “ … tend the church of God that he acquired with his own blood.” NAB
Hi Goya,
Thanks for the interesting history lesson.
Personally, I have no problem with your history.
However, is it possible some Protestants will not accept you, or your sources, as an infallible source of history? So, is it not likely that some Protestants will continue to hold : i.e.–that they ‘didn’t know what they were doing’.
Are not the citations from the Septuagint contingent on education the Protestant about the Septuagint, convincing them it is accurate, and providing them with a copy of it to reference?
So, then don’t you agree with all of my original statements, specifically that these Old Testament references are weaker in their ability to help convince the Protestant than the New Testament ones since the older ones are contingent upon us convincing the Protestants about the translations being not just good, but IDENTICAL in meaning ?
John