Catechism Question

  • Thread starter Thread starter teachccd
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

teachccd

Guest
This should be a short thread as all I’m looking for is a passage that I read in the Catechism of the Catholic Church. It states that we are bound by God’s commandments but that He is not. I’m going crazy trying to find this. And while I’m at it, is there a search engine online specifically for the CCC for the times when I frustrate myself like this?:banghead:
 
Here’s your Catechism section:
1257 The Lord himself affirms that Baptism is necessary for salvation. He also commands his disciples to proclaim the Gospel to all nations and to baptize them. Baptism is necessary for salvation for those to whom the Gospel has been proclaimed and who have had the possibility of asking for this sacrament. The Church does not know of any means other than Baptism that assures entry into eternal beatitude; this is why she takes care not to neglect the mission she has received from the Lord to see that all who can be baptized are “reborn of water and the Spirit.” God has bound salvation to the sacrament of Baptism, but he himself is not bound by his sacraments.
And here’s where you’ll find a searchable Catechism:

scborromeo.org/index2.htm
 
Thank you all so much. You’ve saved my life with this one ! God Bless and Happy New Year:)
 
You have both been so helpful as I can always use any resource available when teaching. Nothing is more frustrating than when you know that you’ve seen something whether in Scripture or in a document and you can’t relocate it. Thank you again.🙂
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top