Catholic Chuch so Beautiful

• Thread starter Thread starter RomanRyan1088
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RomanRyan1088

I would just like to share an experiance I had. I was just thinking, how BEAUTIFUL the Catholic Church. From the icons, statues, paintings, to the churches, cathedrals, to the vatican. The fact that we are the ONLY ones who truly recieve the Body, Blood, Soul, and Divinity of Jesus Christ. And anyone who as left the church or isn’t Catholic, you gotta admit, it is a beauty. Anyone else, PLEASE, share how you feel about the Catholic Church

40.png
RomanRyan1088:
I would just like to share an experiance I had. I was just thinking, how BEAUTIFUL the Catholic Church. From the icons, statues, paintings, to the churches, cathedrals, to the vatican. The fact that we are the ONLY ones who truly recieve the Body, Blood, Soul, and Divinity of Jesus Christ. And anyone who as left the church or isn’t Catholic, you gotta admit, it is a beauty. I just thought i would share that.
your not alone brother… 👍

You’re absolutely right. My particular love is music, and I’ve always loved the Catholic sacred music written by the great composers, like Mozart, Haydn, Beethoven and others(all three of those men were Catholic, by the way!). Even that staunch Lutheran, J.S. Bach, wrote a great Mass in B Minor and several smaller masses, as well as the most famous classical setting of the Magnificat. Thank you God for your glorious Church and the treasures of art it inspires!

You are so right. Once I overheard a conversation between a woman and a pastor from a non-Catholic church. She told him that the only place that she really felt the presence of God was in a Catholic church. She said that she is no longer Catholic because there was not enough bible study going on. Seems like if she felt she was in the right place, she could have started a bible study.

My church shall be called a house of prayer for all people.

Deacon Tony560:
You are so right. Once I overheard a conversation between a woman and a pastor from a non-Catholic church. She told him that the only place that she really felt the presence of God was in a Catholic church. She said that she is no longer Catholic because there was not enough bible study going on. Seems like if she felt she was in the right place, she could have started a bible study.

My church shall be called a house of prayer for all people.
So, she left the only place where she really felt the presence of God?

The richness of the Catholic Church is so deep in many many ways.

Some of them include:
  • The Eucharist: Body, Blood, Soul & Divinity of Jesus Christ.
  • The Sacraments with deep and richness to all of them.
  • The Mass uniting the community in the richness of the church and the sacrifice of Jesus.
  • The Bible with its rich depths assembled by the Church for the Church.
  • The Catechism of the Catholic Church expressing the rich depth of the faith developed over 2000 years of prayer and study.
  • The wonderful artwork depicting God and Christianity.
  • The rich music praising God.
  • The saints, whose lives inspire us to new levels of holiness.
  • A clergy of servants who duties are to feed the flock (spiritually)
  • A diversity of liturgy (rites, churchs, forms of prayer, etc. in the Catholic church)
  • The faithful
:gopray2: Alleluia! Thank You God for Your Church! :gopray2:

Six years ago I took a trip to Italy…We stayed in Rome for four days. St. Peters Church at the Vadican was absoultey amazing!!! I spent countless hours going through so many other churches in Florence and Venice…they were all so beautifull…I would highly reccomend taking a trip there to see all this beauty! It was a trip of a lifetime and I would go back in a heatbeat.:yup:
Oh I do love the Catholic churches…the feeling you get when you walk in is truly wonderfull:angel1:

I agree with Scott Hahn. He refers to the Catholic church as a “marvelous work of Christ in our midst.”

40.png
kayla:
Six years ago I took a trip to Italy…We stayed in Rome for four days. St. Peters Church at the Vadican was absoultey amazing!!! I spent countless hours going through so many other churches in Florence and Venice…they were all so beautifull…I would highly reccomend taking a trip there to see all this beauty!
I second this! Rome has great churches everywhere you look, and Florence and Venice have some very beautiful churches as well.

When we let God inspire us in our art, our art takes on greater beauty then we alone could produce.

It’s so nice to hear Catholics expressing love for their Church! It seems like I mostly hear the opposite these days. I’m a recent convert, and couldn’t be happier to be home. 🙂 There’s no comparison, be it in art, music, theology, whatever. I sang in a choir for the indult Tridentine for a few recently, and was amazed at the beauty and depth of our Church’s musical history. With all that, why must we sing Marty Haugen’s pap on a regular basis?!! Such a waste. When you consider that the gorgeous cathedrals in England were originally Catholic, it gives you even more Catholic art and architectural history to be proud of.

Smells and bells and some of the best architecture in human history (none of it begun after, oh, 1965 or so). Add the music, the tradition, the sense of continuity and community, and the good things it has inspired so many people to do, and it’s a beautiful, beautiful thing when it works for good.

There is nothing in the world like Notre Dame. (The church, not the ridiculous football team…)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back