I
InTheWilderness
Guest
I don’t really know what forum this should go in, so I will put it here since it is at least vaguely related to formation. If it should go in another spot, well someone can move it later.
Does anyone know of any Catholic colleges that offer on-line classes or correspondence courses?
I am currently a student at a secular, state-run university.
I am interested in taking a couple of introductory courses in theology or related subjects. I think some additional learning could be a benefit to deepen my faith, and also to perhaps help clear up some of my vocations related questions.
Since I am already a full time student, I would be most interested in a place that is not so terribly expensive. The Catholic college in my diocese has a few on-line offerings, but they charge about as much for one class as I spend on an entire semester. Since I am on a rather tight budget, that simply would not work. Flexible programs that are not so exacting with things like deadlines would also be a plus, but not necessary.
I would be particularly interested in programs that are solidly orthodox. If you or someone you know has any experience with this sort of thing, I would be appreciative of hearing the stories. Also, if you know of any such offerings that are from institutions recommended by good solid priests and such, that would be a plus to know about.
Thank you all for your feedback.
Does anyone know of any Catholic colleges that offer on-line classes or correspondence courses?
I am currently a student at a secular, state-run university.
I am interested in taking a couple of introductory courses in theology or related subjects. I think some additional learning could be a benefit to deepen my faith, and also to perhaps help clear up some of my vocations related questions.
Since I am already a full time student, I would be most interested in a place that is not so terribly expensive. The Catholic college in my diocese has a few on-line offerings, but they charge about as much for one class as I spend on an entire semester. Since I am on a rather tight budget, that simply would not work. Flexible programs that are not so exacting with things like deadlines would also be a plus, but not necessary.
I would be particularly interested in programs that are solidly orthodox. If you or someone you know has any experience with this sort of thing, I would be appreciative of hearing the stories. Also, if you know of any such offerings that are from institutions recommended by good solid priests and such, that would be a plus to know about.
Thank you all for your feedback.