Catholic Daughter's of Americas

• Thread starter Thread starter momv10
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

momv10

Hello Everyone,
I was searching for a women’s group to live with a community of faith more and I have joined the CDA. Unfortunately, the group is definately made up of retired gals and they look at me with a sense of wonderment! What I’d like to know is what would make you join and remain in a catholic group of all women? So far, the only things these gals seem to do is have rummage sales and craft fairs. They do have a couple of members devoted to a Legislative piece and they do a great job of keeping everyone informed. That’s pretty tricky since they don’t use computers much! They were formed with the help of Fr. Peyton (Rosary Priest) and the K of C. I’m looking forward to reading your responses!
Diane

they must be different in your parish than ours. they turned out recently for a special Mass, wearing their white suits, and at least half the members have children in our CCD program. they are very active in evangelization and several of our graduating seniors received scholarship awards from them. They do have fundraisers but they are a bit more ambitious than rummage sales. In my former parish their Christmas craft show was one of the major juried shows in our area, and net over $50 grand. Their local leadership is one of my main sources for pro-life legislative updates and connections to other area pro-life activities. The gave us some great material for our evangelizatio project.

I had the privilege of giving a presentation at their annual retreat for regents all over the state, and found these ladies to be spiritually mature, active Catholic women exerting leadership in their parishes and communities.

Our Parish CDA is mostly made up of older women, but there are a few younger women. The biggest problem is that most women work today. So there is no time to give back to the community in the way CDA does. I loved my CDA ladies and loved the activities they are involved in. But as a homeschool mom, I just couldn’t give what I wanted to. The meetings ran the same night as Opus Dei devotions and the activities took me away from my young kids. For the year that I was with them they taught me quite a bit. I am really looking forward to renewing my membership when my kids are not so demanding. Perhaps you can be a witness to the other ladies in your Parish to join. We had a tea where we invited all the ladies, young and old and that is when we started to gather a younger crowd. One thing, though, I have never seen harder working women than the CDA, regardless of their age. 👍

Thank-you for your posts!
You both sound like you’ve had a great experience with the CDA and I’m sure that will continue since they sound very open.
I’m hoping to have fliers made up to encourage more women to consider bringing their talents to the table. I also home educate my kids as well. ( We have 10 but are down to just 6 👍 !) We try to keep our schedule open to possibilities of faith and family first. I do understand about not being able to be in 2 places at once no matter how hard you may wish it!
Diane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back