Catholic Home Items

  • Thread starter Thread starter HumblePilgrim
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
H

HumblePilgrim

Guest
I don’t know but I would like to decorate my home with more Catholic items (crucifixes, statues and so on) but I just feel like most of the decorations and fixtures belong in the 18th and 19th centuries. Some are very beautiful yes, but it just doesn’t go well with my Ikea modern furniture. I know it sounds really shallow. 😊

But does anyone know of any websites where you can get beautiful but modern Catholic decorations?
 
Off hand I can’t answer your question. But I understand what you mean.

I have been in churches that are built in a very modern style. When they put very traditional artwork in the building it looks… well… ridiculous. Just like it would look ridiculous to put a very modern sculpture in a very “traditional” church building.

I do have some suggestions, however. Even a very traditional statue or crucifix will have a more modern look if it is a solid color. You might want to look at icons. Sometimes they will go well with modern decor. I would also search for items carved out of wood. I would do a Google search for Catholic carved art.
 
EWTN, and check out those holy water fonts…every Catholic home would benefit from having that powerful sacramental on hand.
 
The great thing about being Catholic is that there is all kinds of room for artistic expression as an expression of our Faith. Have you considered looking for local Catholic artists that can either make something for you or point you in the right direction (should their pieces be out of your price range).

You may also find some art shows at local Catholic schools to be a source of inexpensive art. Chances are there is a student that loves modern art and would be happy to produce something for much less than a “professional”.
 
I am just looking for a few things without spending an arm and a leg. I will check out EWTN though. Thank you.
 
I don’t know but I would like to decorate my home with more Catholic items (crucifixes, statues and so on) but I just feel like most of the decorations and fixtures belong in the 18th and 19th centuries. Some are very beautiful yes, but it just doesn’t go well with my Ikea modern furniture. I know it sounds really shallow. 😊

But does anyone know of any websites where you can get beautiful but modern Catholic decorations?
We’re in the same boat! Love IKEA…and scandanavian stuff from the 50’s-60’s in general.

I found a great holy water font on ‘etsy.com’…I had to search for a while, but also found some ‘dali-esque’ crucifixs as well. After lunch, I’ll see if I can find them agan and post the photos.
 
Herer are some of the cooler ones (I think anyways) I found on ‘etsy.com’. I did buy the font, so that one is gone… Enjoy!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top