G
Guy
Guest
Merry Christmas everyone—
I work at a small rural Catholic hospital. We have a chapel where the Blessed Sacrament is reserved, but we haven’t had Mass there in years. Our chaplain is a Methodist minister. Reiki is offered as spiritual care of our (name removed by moderator)atients. We do have a prayer said over the PA system at 2pm, which is great, but it usually goes: “Creator God (never Father) … we pray this in your Spirit, Amen”. Birth control pills are prescribed out of our health system OB/GYN clinics and can be picked up at our hospital pharmacy.
Yesterday took the cake, however. Got a letter from our health system asking for support that greeted me with “Happy holidays” – no mention of Christmas or the Christ Child anywhere in the letter.
I wish there was something I could do about the situation without putting my job in jeopardy.
I work at a small rural Catholic hospital. We have a chapel where the Blessed Sacrament is reserved, but we haven’t had Mass there in years. Our chaplain is a Methodist minister. Reiki is offered as spiritual care of our (name removed by moderator)atients. We do have a prayer said over the PA system at 2pm, which is great, but it usually goes: “Creator God (never Father) … we pray this in your Spirit, Amen”. Birth control pills are prescribed out of our health system OB/GYN clinics and can be picked up at our hospital pharmacy.
Yesterday took the cake, however. Got a letter from our health system asking for support that greeted me with “Happy holidays” – no mention of Christmas or the Christ Child anywhere in the letter.
I wish there was something I could do about the situation without putting my job in jeopardy.