Catholic religion being discussed on Big Brother

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sereta
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
She said she had to leave the conversation, adding: ‘I didn’t even want to hear what they had to say because I didn’t want to judge them myself…you’re entitled to an opinion but you shouldn’t have an opinion that excludes other people.’
:rolleyes:

And that, ladies and gentlemen, sums up what’s wrong with society today: false tolerance barely shrouding true hatred in saying “I don’t want to hear things I don’t like,” “I didn’t want to judge them” - although she clearly is judging - and “you’re not allowed to have opinions that I don’t like.”

Although Danielle is incorrect in saying that only people married in the Catholic church are actually married.
 
Not trying to be offensive towards Danielle, but if Catholics or non-Catholics are going to debate against homosexual ‘marriage,’ they have to inform themselves of the arguments so that you can debate astutely. Arguing against homosexual ‘marriage’ isn’t purely religious, there are secular points to be made against homosexual ‘marriage.’ An atheist could argue against homosexual ‘marriage.’
 
Ah… another glorious misinterpretation, on all sides.

That the young lady is a practising Catholic yet also a lingerie model is… interesting. It certainly doesn’t help the discussion any.
 
Aside from her being a lingerie model and just focussing on the issue of the description of some of the discussion on homosexual ‘marriage,’ not trying to be offensive towards Danielle, but if Catholics or non-Catholics are going to debate against homosexual ‘marriage,’ it has to be better than that. People have to inform themselves of the arguments against homosexual ‘marriage’ so that you can debate astutely. Arguing against homosexual ‘marriage’ isn’t purely religious, there are secular points to be made against homosexual ‘marriage.’ An atheist could argue against homosexual ‘marriage.’
 
Aside from her being a lingerie model and focussing on the issue of the description of some of the discussion on homosexual ‘marriage,’ not trying to be offensive towards Danielle, but if Catholics or non-Catholics are going to debate against homosexual ‘marriage,’ it has to be better than that. People have to inform themselves of the arguments against homosexual ‘marriage’ so that you can debate. Maybe she has informed herself of the arguments, but it didn’t show too much in the description of the conversation. Arguing against homosexual ‘marriage’ isn’t purely religious, there are secular points to be made against homosexual ‘marriage.’ An atheist could argue against homosexual 'marriage. In a mostly secular setting to to say something similar and I paraphrase, I am against homosexual ‘marriage’ because the Catholic Church is against it, that is right, but you have to further the argument.
 
Ah… another glorious misinterpretation, on all sides.

That the young lady is a practising Catholic yet also a lingerie model is… interesting. It certainly doesn’t help the discussion any.
Nothing sinful about lingerie in and of itself, of course. And I suppose someone has to model it, so I’m cool with it. 🤷
 
:rolleyes:

And that, ladies and gentlemen, sums up what’s wrong with society today: false tolerance barely shrouding true hatred in saying “I don’t want to hear things I don’t like,” “I didn’t want to judge them” - although she clearly is judging - and “you’re not allowed to have opinions that I don’t like.”

Although Danielle is incorrect in saying that only people married in the Catholic church are actually married.
That’s not far off, though. The Church does teach that Catholics aren’t actually married unless they’re married in the Catholic Church (and once Catholic, always Catholic). People who have never been part of the Catholic Church are free to marry however they wish, but if they divorce and remarry, they have to apply for and receive declarations of nullity if they wish to enter the Church.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top