O
Oscarthecat
Guest
hello, all-
Does anyone know of a website or other resource that can give me a fair critique of modern day catholic theologians (those who have published in the last 75 years)?
One of my graduate professors recently gave us a list of books on Christology. Our assignment is to pick an author and analyze their book in light of the Church’s Christological teaching. I am just starting this project, and I was wondering if anyone had opinions on the following authors. I know that at least 3 are not Catholic, one was a nun but renounced her vows, and a couple of others have had run-ins with the CDF. While I’m not opposed to reading a controversial author and using this project as an opportunity to refute their points, I would prefer to write a more positive paper using an author who is in agreement with the Church.
Even better than that, can anyone recommend solid, faithful theologians who, as Fr. Pacwa likes to say “do paint-by-number theology where they like the picture and stay in the lines.”
Here’s the list-
Hans Urs von Balthasar: Mysterium Pachale
Frans Beeck: Christ Proclaimed: Christology as Rhetoric
Roger Haight: Jesus Symbol of God
Monika Hellwig: jesus the Comassion of God: New Perspectives on the Tradition of Christianity
Walter Kaspar: Jesus the Christ
Jurgen Moltmann: The Crucified God: The Cross of God as the Foundation and Criticism of Christian Theology
Wolfhart Pannenberg: Jesus-God and Man
Karl Rahner: Foundations of Christian Faith
Edward Schillebeeckx: Jesus-an Experiment in Christology
Jon Sobrino: Christology at the Crossroads
Does anyone know of a website or other resource that can give me a fair critique of modern day catholic theologians (those who have published in the last 75 years)?
One of my graduate professors recently gave us a list of books on Christology. Our assignment is to pick an author and analyze their book in light of the Church’s Christological teaching. I am just starting this project, and I was wondering if anyone had opinions on the following authors. I know that at least 3 are not Catholic, one was a nun but renounced her vows, and a couple of others have had run-ins with the CDF. While I’m not opposed to reading a controversial author and using this project as an opportunity to refute their points, I would prefer to write a more positive paper using an author who is in agreement with the Church.
Even better than that, can anyone recommend solid, faithful theologians who, as Fr. Pacwa likes to say “do paint-by-number theology where they like the picture and stay in the lines.”
Here’s the list-
Hans Urs von Balthasar: Mysterium Pachale
Frans Beeck: Christ Proclaimed: Christology as Rhetoric
Roger Haight: Jesus Symbol of God
Monika Hellwig: jesus the Comassion of God: New Perspectives on the Tradition of Christianity
Walter Kaspar: Jesus the Christ
Jurgen Moltmann: The Crucified God: The Cross of God as the Foundation and Criticism of Christian Theology
Wolfhart Pannenberg: Jesus-God and Man
Karl Rahner: Foundations of Christian Faith
Edward Schillebeeckx: Jesus-an Experiment in Christology
Jon Sobrino: Christology at the Crossroads