Catholicism in our daily lives

• Thread starter Thread starter Mbenenge
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mbenenge

Hi

I would like to pose a challenge to most of you that are catholics mainly. As most of the time we are very conservative about our faith.

Why should your love for god be something that you take with everywhere whether it be school, work a golf club a party i mean everywhere.

We belong to The Roman Catholic Apostolic Church.

Catholic yes “Universal” so why can’t we make pur belief universal in our own lives so that we can make it universal thorugh out the universe.

Apostolic. Yes your Apostolate we should at all times carry out our apostolate out the in the chapel of the world where everybody is where all those that haven’t heard the gospel are where all those who haven’t experienced the amazing blessing of receiving gods grace are whether through the sacraments or by doing good and living up to the virtues that our lord expect of us.

And for those who are not catholic i challenge you to find out more about christianity from its origins and then consider whether you are in the right path

Many of us are involved in ministry in many ways from service to liturgical to educational…you name it. You are challenging us, but what are you doing personally?

I have been involved in ministry over 40 years and still going strong, as well as my spouse.

Mbenenge
Junior Member Join Date: August 13, 2005
Welcome to the forums. I think when you have been around here for a while, you will see you are preaching to the choir. Many (maybe even most) of the people who have been in these forums for a long time tend to be the most knowledgable, enthusiastic, and active in our faith, especially regarding apologetics and evangelization.

Again, welcome! 🙂

40.png
Mbenenge:
Hi

I would like to pose a challenge to most of you that are catholics mainly. As most of the time we are very conservative about our faith.

Why should your love for god be something that you take with everywhere whether it be school, work a golf club a party i mean everywhere.

We belong to The Roman Catholic Apostolic Church.

Catholic yes “Universal” so why can’t we make pur belief universal in our own lives so that we can make it universal thorugh out the universe.

Apostolic. Yes your Apostolate we should at all times carry out our apostolate out the in the chapel of the world where everybody is where all those that haven’t heard the gospel are where all those who haven’t experienced the amazing blessing of receiving gods grace are whether through the sacraments or by doing good and living up to the virtues that our lord expect of us.

And for those who are not catholic i challenge you to find out more about christianity from its origins and then consider whether you are in the right path
I believe it was St. Francis who said “go out into all the world and preach the Good News, and when necessary use words.” Anyway that makes sense to me, that is try to affect your own environment by your actions, the rest will take care of itself.

I always likened Catholicism vs. evangilization to promotion based on attraction rather than promotion. I like to think that each of us impacts others by our actions. When people see something in us that they like, they seek us out to find out how they can get what we have. Whether it be faith, grace, patience, spirit…it doesn’t matter. If we live our lives doinig what we know is right, our light shines for all to see.

40.png
stbruno:
Many of us are involved in ministry in many ways from service to liturgical to educational…you name it. You are challenging us, but what are you doing personally?

I have been involved in ministry over 40 years and still going strong, as well as my spouse.
I think OP is talking about something else, how we incorporate and live out our Catholic beliefs day to day, in our homes, families, school, workplace, community, political arena etc.

Example RCIA candidate gave yesterday, she works for a government social service agency, and has decided she can either be respectful of persons, helpful, non-judgemental and truly provide the help and service she is hired to do, or like many co-workers, she can make the entire process harder and more humiliating by being obstructive, lazy or deliberately rude. That is a true example of bringing Christ into the world.

Sorry to say I can think of 10 people off the top of my head who perform a liturgical or parish ministry faithfully and well, but are dishonest or unethical in their business practices, unfaithful or abusive in their marriages or family life, make racist or obscene jokes and comments incessently, and are otherwise less than sterling examples of Christian moral living.

Well, to me they go hand in hand. I am a businessman, self-employed contractor and believe me, my customers recognize that. I will not willfully perform work that is unnecessary, no price gouge nor cheat, but I will also advise them where to purchase things that will make the job less expensive but just as effective.
Using profanity is something I cannot tolerate in construction and that seems to go hand and hand, so when it comes up…I clear my throat and ask them to watch their language especially in the presence of women. And when a woman does it, I will always say, pardon me…you are using my God’s name in vain. They have learned when I am around to behave, much like recalcitrant children around a teacher. I also will make comments if I am in a person’s home that has religious articles etc…We can do so much in the marketplace. I know of some who would shortcut at the expense at the customer and refuse jobs just for that very reason because the general contractor is looking at the bottom line. And I pray during the course of the day for protection from injury, guidance in business decisions and just for the safety of my customers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back