Caved after 7 months!

  • Thread starter Thread starter scc11
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I struggled with masturbation before and I went 7 months without doing it. But… I ruined that long timeframe today 😦 I am disgusted with myself. I wasnt looking to do it either. I was on the Cosmopolitan website(magazine) looking at beauty secrets and as some of you may know, they have risque stuff on there. Guess my curiosity got the best of me and well…I caved. I feel terrible and I feel like a failure. Any advice on how to get rid of sexual thoughts/desires totally? I know some say the rosary but in your opinions has it worked for you? I am so angry with myself.
Yes, the Holy Rosary is the surest way to avoidance of sin and purity. Keep one on you always, so you may grip it and say a Hail Mary or several Hail Marys until the temptation passes. Place a holy card, such as one of a crucifix or Our Lady by your computer, in order to remind you whom you would offend and sin against, if you fell.

Praying the Holy Rosary daily is not only the solution to Impurities, but the panacea, the cure-all to all temptations and trials and tribulations. For Our Lady is so united to Our Lord, that to say Her Holy Rosary is to assure you always focus on avoid sin for Christ’s sake, and out of love for your soul’s salvation.

Say it daily, choosing the Sorrowful mysteries after having sinned mortally, the other mysteries when not, and at a specific hour of the day. The goal is to build discipline in you, and if you shall truly be devoted to Our Lady, to Our Lord through Our Lady and Her Holy Rosary, you shall never truly fall and shall rise to great sanctity and holiness.

God Bless You.
 
Yes, the Holy Rosary is the surest way to avoidance of sin and purity.
I slept with a Rosary around my hand for months. No help. If one prayer doesn’t help, try another. Change your habits if your habits bring you near sin. Study the lives of the saints for example, and meditate upon the Book of Romans and its exhortations to holiness.
Praying the Holy Rosary daily is not only the solution to Impurities, but the panacea, the cure-all to all temptations and trials and tribulations.
I disagree but you’re looking in the right direction. Keep your thoughts focused on Christ, on what He did and does and will do for you.
Say it daily, choosing the Sorrowful mysteries after having sinned mortally, the other mysteries when not, and at a specific hour of the day.
Don’t forget a Confiteor - you sin first and foremost againt God. Start by repairing that relationship before any other.
The goal is to build discipline in you, and if you shall truly be devoted to Our Lady, to Our Lord through Our Lady and Her Holy Rosary, you shall never truly fall and shall rise to great sanctity and holiness.
Again, months of sleeping with the Rosary around the hand. No help.
 
My greatest piece of advice from experience: Do NOT think “well now it’s back to square one”
And don’t let Satan make you think for a single moment that you can’t do it because you fell once. At one point I did it six times a day, mostly to see if I could. That was 15 years ago. I celebrate every week that I don’t now.
You’re not back to square one, you are gaining momentum in your flight from hell! Don’t let a little stumble make you stop, RUN!!! 👍
There’s a medieval legend about a monk who liked to visit the questionable places in town at night, feeling remorseful every time. He confessed his struggle daily but found his attention turning towards the women every evening at vespers, and the sleepless nights would follow that would stir him to sneak out again. One day he came to the abbot wearing his garb that he had when he entered the monastery, and told the abbot sadly that he was clearly lost and saw no further point in being there.

“My son,” said the abbot, “for so long as you struggle you are not lost.” The monk went back to his cell, put on his habit again, and asked to be allowed to take on nighttime duties to help conquer his nocturnal activities.
 
I slept with a Rosary around my hand for months. No help. If one prayer doesn’t help, try another. Change your habits if your habits bring you near sin. Study the lives of the saints for example, and meditate upon the Book of Romans and its exhortations to holiness.

I disagree but you’re looking in the right direction. Keep your thoughts focused on Christ, on what He did and does and will do for you.

Don’t forget a Confiteor - you sin first and foremost againt God. Start by repairing that relationship before any other.

Again, months of sleeping with the Rosary around the hand. No help.
The Holy Rosary is not a lucky charm, sleeping with it is not going to bring about chastity. Using it will, praying the Holy Rosary will.

Christ does not answer the inconstant man, still attached to his sins but promising contrition, nor does he wholly grant graces to the sinner, for he is Our Just Judge. Even after penitence, the Lord draws us to perfection, does not “throw pearls before swine.” The Blessed Virgin not so. She is charitable and is our mother. If you have her ear, you have her Son’s, for the Lord the Christ was a good son to his Holy Mother, listening to her always.

Our Blessed Mother has great importance in the Church and in salvation history, for she bore the God-man. Do not dishonor her, for if she had not given her Fiat, none would deserve salvation.

Yes, it is important to remind ourselves we have sinned, and I say an act of contrition before I pray the Holy Rosary. Thank you.

May God Bless You
 
The Holy Rosary is not a lucky charm, sleeping with it is not going to bring about chastity. Using it will, praying the Holy Rosary will.

Christ does not answer the inconstant man, still attached to his sins but promising contrition, nor does he wholly grant graces to the sinner, for he is Our Just Judge. Even after penitence, the Lord draws us to perfection, does not “throw pearls before swine.” The Blessed Virgin not so. She is charitable and is our mother. If you have her ear, you have her Son’s, for the Lord the Christ was a good son to his Holy Mother, listening to her always. I do not approach Our Lord when I am conscious of sin that is not taken to the Confessional. Our Blessed Virgin is to me, and to all, a most gracious intercessor, MEDIATRIX between Our Lord and Us. As I said before, Our Lord is a just judge and shall judge according to the Law of Moses, the Prophets, and His Word (beatitudes, etc.)

Our Blessed Mother has great importance in the Church and in salvation history, for she bore the God-man. Do not dishonor her, for if she had not given her Fiat, none would deserve salvation.

Yes, it is important to remind ourselves we have sinned, and I say an act of contrition before I pray the Holy Rosary. Thank you.

May God Bless You
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top