• Thread starter Thread starter Mysty101
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mysty101

40.png
TTM:
I’d just like to confirm what Keith Strohm said, not with my own words but with those of Peter Kreeft, the famous Catholic philosopher of our age:
The Catholic Church will not be strong until she recaptures the source of her strength that the earliest church found…until the charismatic movement becomes invisible - because all Catholics are charismatics.

Peter Kreeft
11/7/03

(peterkreeft.com/message.htm)

Blessings,
TTM
I’ve read a number of books by Peter Kreeft, and agree that he has a very helpful way of explaining things.
The Catholic Church will not be strong until she recaptures the source of her strength that the earliest church found…until the charismatic movement becomes invisible - because all Catholics are charismatics
I did not see this in context, but perhaps he is not as much criticising the Charismatic movement as saying that we need more manifestation of the Holy Spirit in the whole Church.

This “famous Catholic philosopher” came up w/ innovative way to justified “faith alone”:

“How do I resolve the Reformation? Is it faith alone that justifies, or is it faith and good works? Very simple. No tricks. On this issue I believe Luther was simply right; and this issue is absolutely crucial. As a Catholic I feel guilt for the tragedy of Christian disunity because the church in the fifteenth and sixteenth centuries was failing to preach the gospel. Whatever theological mistakes Luther made, whatever indispensable truths about the Church he denied, here is an indispensable truth he affirmed-indispensable to union between all sinners and God and to union between God’s separated Catholic and Protestant children.”

40.png
gnome:
This “famous Catholic philosopher” came up w/ innovative way to justified “faith alone”:

“How do I resolve the Reformation? Is it faith alone that justifies, or is it faith and good works? Very simple. No tricks. On this issue I believe Luther was simply right; and this issue is absolutely crucial. As a Catholic I feel guilt for the tragedy of Christian disunity because the church in the fifteenth and sixteenth centuries was failing to preach the gospel. Whatever theological mistakes Luther made, whatever indispensable truths about the Church he denied, here is an indispensable truth he affirmed-indispensable to union between all sinners and God and to union between God’s separated Catholic and Protestant children.”
Well, he’s Catholic and he’s a philosopher, so really the only question is exactly how famous he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back