Chanting Vigils in Adoration

• Thread starter Thread starter 4carmel
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

4carmel

I am not sure if this is the best place for this question or not but will take a chance.
I try to make a daily Holy Hour of Adoration before the Blessed Sacrament. I usually do this in the evening and then I can silently pray Vespers and Compline and spend some time in contemplation. This is done silently since there are others who are also worshiping Our Lord. My question is every week I have a assigned Holy Hour at 3am and then it is just Jesus and I. So, when I am alone with Our Lord and no one else is in the chapel or the Church is it ok to vocally chant and sing Vigils before Him in Adoration? I do it right now anyway but wanted to make sure that was ok. Ideas? Thoughts?? Questions??

If I’m alone in exposition, I have said prayers/sung outloud (lauds fan here tho ;)).

I don’t know if it is proper or not, but I can’t think of any reason it would not be- we sing out loud on first friday adoration and such. As long as there is no one there to distract, then I don’t think there is any problem with it.

I kind of thought it would be. I keep thinking of the antiphon “in the silent hours of the night bless the Lord”. When I think that I am combined with others throughout the Church praising God in the wee hours of the morning it is kind of moving to me. Besides I think He enjoys the company and worship when everyone else is fast asleep. Brings a little perspective to the idea that the Church in Her liturgy brings praise honor and thanksgiving and petitions constantly before the Throne of God like incense. Anyway, thanks for the affirmation I just wanted to make sure I was doing things properly.

as they say, singing is praying twice. If no one is there to be disturbed, I’d see no reason not to. Personally, I like to say rosaries outloud if no one else is in the chapel.

OF course its okay! There’s never anything wrong with worshiping God before God, as long as you’re not disrupting others.

I personally chant the divine office before the blessed sacrament all the time! Its wonderful!
Josh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back