Chaplet of The Divine Mercy at 3pm question

  • Thread starter Thread starter Pythagoras
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pythagoras

Guest
It is said that it is appropriate to pray the Chaplet of The Divine Mercy at 3pm. My question is , is it okay also to pray it at around 3:30pm or even 3:45pm and does it get the same merits if it is prayed at prompt 3pm?
 
Prayed on ordinary rosary beads, The Chaplet of The Divine Mercy is an intercessory prayer that extends the offering of the Eucharist, so it is especially appropriate to use it after having received Holy Communion at Holy Mass. It may be said at any time, but our Lord specifically told St. Faustina to recite it during the nine days before the Feast of Mercy (the first Sunday after Easter). He then added: “By this Novena, [of Chaplets] I will grant every possible grace to souls.” (796)
It is likewise appropriate to pray the Chaplet during the “Hour of Great Mercy” — three o’clock each afternoon (recalling the time of Christ’s death on the cross). In His revelations to St. Faustina, Our Lord asked for a special remembrance of His Passion at that hour.
thedivinemercy.org/message/devotions/chaplethistory.php

Pray it at 3, 3:30, 4:15, 8:37, 9:15, today, tomorrow, the day after, on Saturdays, on Sundays, at Easter, at Pentecost, during ordinary time, day, night, at home, in the car, in the air, in space, whenever your heart says “we need mercy, Lord.”
 
(paragraph 1572)
I remind you, My daughter, that as often as you hear the clock strike the third hour, immerse yourself completely in My mercy, adoring and glorifying it; invoke its omnipotence for the whole world, and particularly for poor sinners; for at that moment mercy was opened wide for every (145) soul. In this hour you can obtain everything for yourself and for others for the asking; it was the hour of grace for the whole world – mercy triumphed over justice.

Regarding the petitions for the asking in order to be answered by Jesus, my question is does Jesus mean that as soon as we hear the clock strike at around 3pm we should have started the Chaplet promptly? If I started the Chaplet prayer at 3:45pm, will my personal petitions be somewhat have lesser degree of fulfillment unlike if I started the chaplet prayer at 3pm?

**as you hear the clock strike the third hour ** – For me it is looking like a condition for my personal petition at the Hour of Mercy
 
(paragraph 1572)
I remind you, My daughter, that as often as you hear the clock strike the third hour, immerse yourself completely in My mercy, adoring and glorifying it; invoke its omnipotence for the whole world, and particularly for poor sinners; for at that moment mercy was opened wide for every (145) soul. In this hour you can obtain everything for yourself and for others for the asking; it was the hour of grace for the whole world – mercy triumphed over justice.

Regarding the petitions for the asking in order to be answered by Jesus, my question is does Jesus mean that as soon as we hear the clock strike at around 3pm we should have started the Chaplet promptly? If I started the Chaplet prayer at 3:45pm, will my personal petitions be somewhat have lesser degree of fulfillment unlike if I started the chaplet prayer at 3pm?
I’m going to step back from sources to remind all who are reading of the person we are talking about, the God-man who humbled Himself from on high to powerlessly have Himself nailed to a tree for the love of all mankind. The Son of Man who said “let the little children come unto me” and “forgive them Father for they know not what they do.”

I’m positive Jesus is happy that you’re praying at all. You are His child, and He loves you. It matters not the hour of the day. If you can do it at three and you wish to do so, do so. But if you can’t, or you forget, remember you have a merciful, loving, kind Saviour. Mercy is in the name of the Chaplet. 🙂

However, if you still feel scruples in your soul, remember the diary says this:

“At three o’clock, implore My mercy, especially for sinners; and, if only for a brief moment, immerse yourself in My Passion, particularly in My abandonment at the moment of agony. This is the hour of great mercy… In this hour, I will refuse nothing to the soul that makes a request of Me in virtue of My Passion.” (Diary, 1320)

“If only for a brief moment,” He says. If you can’t get to the Chaplet right then (work, for instance), meditate on His Passion while doing your task as soon as you can, and then get to the Chaplet when you can. Jesus said this to give you His Mercy, not to terrorize you into following a specific time. No matter where your are, it’s always the three o’clock hour somewhere! 🙂
 
“If only for a brief moment,” He says. If you can’t get to the Chaplet right then (work, for instance), meditate on His Passion while doing your task as soon as you can, and then get to the Chaplet when you can. Jesus said this to give you His Mercy, not to terrorize you into following a specific time. No matter where your are, it’s always the three o’clock hour somewhere! 🙂
👍 I like this! I do the same with the Angelus as I can rarely pray it right at noon or 6.
 
Jesus just wants our trust.

Jesus just wants our trust.

Jesus just wants our trust!

It’s an awesome book and a beautiful devotion, but their is a heart to it. (see above.)

So, however you pray, whenever you pray, and whatever you pray, do it with trust in him.

If you’re weak in trust. (as am I). Ask for it, persistently.
 
I’m going to step back from sources to remind all who are reading of the person we are talking about, the God-man who humbled Himself from on high to powerlessly have Himself nailed to a tree for the love of all mankind. The Son of Man who said “let the little children come unto me” and “forgive them Father for they know not what they do.”

I’m positive Jesus is happy that you’re praying at all. You are His child, and He loves you. It matters not the hour of the day. If you can do it at three and you wish to do so, do so. But if you can’t, or you forget, remember you have a merciful, loving, kind Saviour. Mercy is in the name of the Chaplet. 🙂

However, if you still feel scruples in your soul, remember the diary says this:

“At three o’clock, implore My mercy, especially for sinners; and, if only for a brief moment, immerse yourself in My Passion, particularly in My abandonment at the moment of agony. This is the hour of great mercy… In this hour, I will refuse nothing to the soul that makes a request of Me in virtue of My Passion.” (Diary, 1320)

“If only for a brief moment,” He says. If you can’t get to the Chaplet right then (work, for instance), meditate on His Passion while doing your task as soon as you can, and then get to the Chaplet when you can. Jesus said this to give you His Mercy, not to terrorize you into following a specific time. No matter where your are, it’s always the three o’clock hour somewhere! 🙂
thanks origen!
 
It’s always 3pm someplace.🙂

ICXC NIKA
God always has a receptive ear for devout prayer, no matter our time.

ps. Regards the mentions of the Angelus; I recall hearing a story of an American lady who was in a Catholic Hospital [for a complicated delivery] in the States relate ‘seeing’ demons in great ‘distress and agitation’ every time the Angelus was tannoyed.
 
God always has a receptive ear for devout prayer, no matter our time.

ps. Regards the mentions of the Angelus; I recall hearing a story of an American lady who was in a Catholic Hospital [for a complicated delivery] in the States relate ‘seeing’ demons in great ‘distress and agitation’ every time the Angelus was tannoyed.
I want to know that story, where can I look for it?
 
It is said that it is appropriate to pray the Chaplet of The Divine Mercy at 3pm. My question is , is it okay also to pray it at around 3:30pm or even 3:45pm and does it get the same merits if it is prayed at prompt 3pm?
Yes, anytime during the three o’clock hour is fine. The whole hour is special. Also if you forget during that hour just pray it anytime, it’s a beautiful, powerful prayer regardless of the hour! 👍
 
As long as we turn our hearts and minds to God, giving Him our love, it is nearly impossible to pray wrong.
 
I do the same with the Angelus as I can rarely pray it right at noon or 6.
Thank you for mentioning this. The Angelus keeps coming to my mind lately and I’ve got to remember to be faithful to this prayer. A sad incident last year at a social function at church when Father began to lead us in the Angelus at 6 pm. There were only two of us sitting at table with 12 places that even knew the prayer. As far as the Chaplet, I normally say it during my adoration hour.
 
Thank you for mentioning this. The Angelus keeps coming to my mind lately and I’ve got to remember to be faithful to this prayer. A sad incident last year at a social function at church when Father began to lead us in the Angelus at 6 pm. There were only two of us sitting at table with 12 places that even knew the prayer. As far as the Chaplet, I normally say it during my adoration hour.
Sadly a lot of the old devotions have fallen by the wayside. I believe that a lot of the younger priests are far more open to reviving them, so there is hope yet.👍
 
I normally do the Stations of the Cross at 3 o’clock, can I do the Divine Mercy immediately after or should I do it 1st?

(Off to check out the Angelus prayer times and info) :gopray2:
 
I’ve been praying the chaplet for about 2 years now. If for some reason I’m distracted in the afternoon, Our Lord never fails to remind me (usually at 2:59 PM) that I need to prepare myself to pray. I feel very blessed and privileged to be an active member of this apostolate.

For myself, I feel that it must be prayed at precisely 3 PM.
 
It is said that it is appropriate to pray the Chaplet of The Divine Mercy at 3pm. My question is , is it okay also to pray it at around 3:30pm or even 3:45pm and does it get the same merits if it is prayed at prompt 3pm?
I sure hope so! At three o’clock, I often have a couple of my student’s in front of me. It would not be appropriate for me to drop what I’m doing at that moment and begin praying. I’m usually finished with work around 3:30 or so, and I can pray on my way home. Also, remember that Our Lord has told St. Faustina and numerous other saints that attention to our duties in life are meritorious, too.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top