U
uglygreenshed
Guest
Hello everyone,
I’m a stay-at-home mom wannabe author. Now that my youngest kid is in school, I’ve embarked upon my long-time dream of writing a children’s novel. (Sounds so ridiculous when I admit it publicly.) Anyway, the story I’ve started writing involves modern-day witches and their attempt to ruin the lives several young children. The children are good, churchgoing, polite, well-behaved, etc., and the witches are of the traditionally vile, black-hat-wearing sort who use magic for evil purposes. The children will eventually defeat the witches, of course, using their natural talents and intelligence (and very minimal violence).
So I am wondering – does any of this sound inappropriate from a Catholic perspective (I really hope that’s not a dumb question; I’ve got a long way to go in my Catholic journey). I know that stories about the defeat of dark powers in fantasy settings are acceptable (right?), but is it OK to write about bad scary witches in a contemporary setting?
Thanks for all your help!
I’m a stay-at-home mom wannabe author. Now that my youngest kid is in school, I’ve embarked upon my long-time dream of writing a children’s novel. (Sounds so ridiculous when I admit it publicly.) Anyway, the story I’ve started writing involves modern-day witches and their attempt to ruin the lives several young children. The children are good, churchgoing, polite, well-behaved, etc., and the witches are of the traditionally vile, black-hat-wearing sort who use magic for evil purposes. The children will eventually defeat the witches, of course, using their natural talents and intelligence (and very minimal violence).
So I am wondering – does any of this sound inappropriate from a Catholic perspective (I really hope that’s not a dumb question; I’ve got a long way to go in my Catholic journey). I know that stories about the defeat of dark powers in fantasy settings are acceptable (right?), but is it OK to write about bad scary witches in a contemporary setting?
Thanks for all your help!