Childs book on Charismatic Gifts?

• Thread starter Thread starter dhgray
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dhgray

My 12 year old daughter has been blessed with Charismatic Gifts of vision and interpretation of tongues. The other night she was at the Youth Choir practice and the door to the church opened 3 times and no one entered. The other girls were getting nervous. My daughter said she saw the 3 Saints enter and described where they were sitting in the church and what they were wearing. saints and can describe them in great detail and not the simple ones like St. Mary or St. Michael. She said saw Saint John Bosco – we had to look him up. We were at a Charismatic prayer meeting and a message was proclaimed, my daughter later told my wife that the message had been changed a little. “The actual message was …” and proceeded to proclaim the message.

WITH THAT SAID. Are there any books on the Charismatic Gifts for children to help them better understand these gifts?

there is a guide to Life in the Spirit seminars for children which should help you direct her, I assume from what you say you are already involved in the Catholic Charistmatic Renewal, ask you leaders for sources of these books, and ask for spiritual direction from the priest who leads your group. such gifts should always be discerned with your leadership.

40.png
puzzleannie:
there is a guide to Life in the Spirit seminars for children which should help you direct her, I assume from what you say you are already involved in the Catholic Charistmatic Renewal, ask you leaders for sources of these books, and ask for spiritual direction from the priest who leads your group. such gifts should always be discerned with your leadership.
Thanks

You might also checkout siena.org/
They are an organization that helps you discern charisms and what they mean/how to use them in our mission for God. I went to one of their workshops once and found their ogranization to very orthodox.

I don’t know that they have anything specifically for children, but you may want to send them an email explaining the situtation with your daughter and see if they can offer any resources.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back