Christian Demonination

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kimble
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kimble

Guest
Can someone suggest a book (or website) on other Christian denominations from a Catholic perspective?

My brother in law recently noted his wife and kids are attending a unitarian church. He was raised Catholic, she southern baptist (her grandfather was a minister), the kids were baptized into the Episcopal church and now they attend a UU.

Whew! Catholicism is so much easier :).

So, I’m looking for information on other denominations from a Catholic perspective. I’ve already read something son the Wiki and NewAdvent. I personally prefer books.

Thank you very much,
Rob Carignan
Portland, Maine
 
Ignatius press has both a book and video on world’s major religions, if that is what you mean. There is a current edition of a large volume, compiled by Catholic editors, with contributors from all denominations, that summarizes their beliefs and practices. It is widely known and available in public libraries and bookstores, danged if I can remember editor or publisher, try Paulist Press.

Note: Unitarians are not Christian by definition as they reject the trinity, and reject the divinity of Jesus, as do Mormons and JWs.
 
Can someone suggest a book (or website) on other Christian denominations from a Catholic perspective?

My brother in law recently noted his wife and kids are attending a unitarian church. He was raised Catholic, she southern baptist (her grandfather was a minister), the kids were baptized into the Episcopal church and now they attend a UU.

Whew! Catholicism is so much easier :).

So, I’m looking for information on other denominations from a Catholic perspective. I’ve already read something son the Wiki and NewAdvent. I personally prefer books.

Thank you very much,
Rob Carignan
Portland, Maine
I like Handbook of Denominations in the United States by Frank Mead. It’s a generic book of the major Denominations, but accurate.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top