T
TimothyH
Guest
I think Christian Witness is often more powerful than apologetics.
People think that “Christian witness” is a Protestant thing but it is not. Jesus commands that we be witnesses and Paul gives his witness three times in Acts of the Apostles.
***1) What my life was like before Jesus.
2) How I met Jesus
3) What my life is like now that I know Jesus. ***
That is Christian witness.
Apologetics usually leads to arguments. Witnessing is not argumentative. Recounting how our lives were before Christ makes us vulnerable; people are not defensive but see that we are weak just like them, and approachable. I have two versions of my “Witness” ready in my mind at all times. One is about 30 seconds long and another is about two minutes long. I can also tell it in more detail in about eight or ten minutes.
On more than one occasion it has prompted a phone call after a family gathering or someone quietly pulling me aside. The conversation usually starts with the other person saying something like, “I have been thinking about my life a lot lately. Can I ask you a question?”
***…you shall be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Sama’ria and to the end of the earth. *(Acts 1:8)
Are any of you ready to be witnesses to how Jesus has changed your life?
-Tim-
People think that “Christian witness” is a Protestant thing but it is not. Jesus commands that we be witnesses and Paul gives his witness three times in Acts of the Apostles.
***1) What my life was like before Jesus.
2) How I met Jesus
3) What my life is like now that I know Jesus. ***
That is Christian witness.
Apologetics usually leads to arguments. Witnessing is not argumentative. Recounting how our lives were before Christ makes us vulnerable; people are not defensive but see that we are weak just like them, and approachable. I have two versions of my “Witness” ready in my mind at all times. One is about 30 seconds long and another is about two minutes long. I can also tell it in more detail in about eight or ten minutes.
On more than one occasion it has prompted a phone call after a family gathering or someone quietly pulling me aside. The conversation usually starts with the other person saying something like, “I have been thinking about my life a lot lately. Can I ask you a question?”
***…you shall be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Sama’ria and to the end of the earth. *(Acts 1:8)
Are any of you ready to be witnesses to how Jesus has changed your life?
-Tim-