L
Liemanova
Guest
How can I respond to protestant question of Catholic faith… “Why is repentance and confession necessary? Was Jesus’ death on the cross not good enough to save you from your sins?”
I understand repenting is an ongoing theme throughout Sacred Scripture and I understand the Holy Spirit is working through priests to retain and forgive sins. I am still asked though, “why is this necessary when Jesus died on the cross to forgive all sins?” It is asked in a way as if Catholics are diminishing the sacrifice of our Saviour.
Thank you.
I understand repenting is an ongoing theme throughout Sacred Scripture and I understand the Holy Spirit is working through priests to retain and forgive sins. I am still asked though, “why is this necessary when Jesus died on the cross to forgive all sins?” It is asked in a way as if Catholics are diminishing the sacrifice of our Saviour.
Thank you.