T
Tolkien1096
Guest
And that is how it should be. But should not the church as the proper interpreter of the bible also be the authority on anything it speaks about, such as economics, politics, history, creation etc
Not at all. The Church does seek to address moral, ethical, and even philosophical or social matters where these disciplines raise them, but it is not the Church’s province to be “the authority” on economics, politics, history, or other secular sciences.And that is how it should be. But should not the church as the proper interpreter of the bible also be the authority on anything it speaks about, such as economics, politics, history, creation etc
I wouldn’t know. I’m not Catholic.Is that how Rome as defined that passage? because I missed it.
I’m not entirely understanding your question. Could you clarify?By why does not the church if God and the bible do? it seems they would continue the theme.
The Bible is not a text book on any of these topics. It talks about these things as a frame for the faith and morals that are reflected in our politics or economics, about history because certain lineages were vital to ancient people. Genesis tells two different creation narratives, that shows us that the importance is that God created from nothing and our relationship to God before/after the fall, the importance is not how many hours there were in the first day or if the earth was created before or after the sun.such as economics, politics, history, creation etc