M
mosher
Guest
You are correct on both counts. I’m really batting 1000 on this one. I prefer to follow the abbreviation as it is in the Latin: IGMR. I know that it can be confusing to some but it offers a teaching moment.Is that a typo or is the GIRM IGRM in Latin (General Instruction of the Roman Missal)?
And in my experience in the US when the Great Amen is sung, as oppossed to spoken, people in many parishes begin rising somewhere in the middle of the Amen, not after the Amen: "they should kneel beginning after the singing or recitation of the Sanctus until after the Amen ". I speculate it’s due to the those leading the music raising their arms to indicate the people should respond, but the gesture is interpreted there as “get up”. No one stands up during the Prayer of the Faithful when the same gestures is used to indicate it’s the people’s turn to respond.
P.S. Belated blessed Feast Day of St. Albert the Great!![]()
Perhaps a reason why you see people stand early is a result of what you have stated. However, I seem to recall that in some places prior to the issuing of the current General Instruction the people we instructed to stand before they responded with the Amen. I can see how that practice makes sense - but that is not what the Rubrics have ever indicated.
Thank you for the blessing! It was a Solemnity for me since he is the titular patron of my Priory.