Church holidays & castles

• Thread starter Thread starter Meggie
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Meggie

My roomate and I decided that we are going to decorate our room with a castle suite theme (yahh its a small room, but oh, well).

My roomate was all excited becasaue a castle theme works well with hawleen, (balt castle and the like are huge attractions for haunted castles) and all souls day, etc, and said that it even worked well with christmas (grand banquet halls, etc)

It would work well with St. Pactric, and St. Valentine’s day, too, in both the current and historical aspects…

But as I was thinking along that route and for my life cannot get an immiage of a castle and Easter. I just draw a blank…does anyone else have this feeling, or if you do think a castle theme could fit with Easter, where do you get that idea

Easter is without question the most important Holy day on the calendar. It basically defines Christianity.

Easter is all about the Resurrection, and I cannot think of any thematic connection between Castles and the Resurrection.

There was a stone fort, called the Antonia, but that evokes images of the crucifixion, not the Resurrection.

Of course, Jerusalem is (and was) a walled city! Also the church is allegorically the New Jerusalem, that must count for something!

Sorry, my mind is a blank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back