Church

• Thread starter Thread starter LisaKM
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LisaKM

Hello - this is my first time here so please bear with me while I am learning. I have a question that I have been struggling with for a while. I do not mean to offend anyone, I am just hoping that someone can provide some insight or notice something that I have missed.

I am Cathoolic, born and raised. However, as I have gotten olde I have noticed a pattern in my life. Whenever I go to church on Sunday, usually that week ends up being bad. This has happened all the time. I go to church, my week ends up being terrible with fights at home and problems all over the place. If I do not go, things are fine all around.

You may not believe me on this, but it is true. I am wondering if church as a curse? I want this habbit to change as I want to go once again and maybe even help out, but I am so scared that going will come around and once again bite me in the arse.

Lisa

How is your prayer life?
How well is your instruction in the faith?
How faithful are the people having the fights at home?

I don’t think necessarily that it is related to attending church and even if it were so, it could just as well be because you are annoying evil forces in which case you ought to go more often regardless of the consequences.

Scott

Go regularly and pray. When fights start at home, close your eyes and say a silent prayer to God to please remove all the “bad” that is happening right now and replace it with His goodness. End every prayer with “Your will be done”

Scott had a good point too - it may be an evil strategy from satan to make you think that going to church makes your week a bad one. satan is e-x-t-r-e-m-e-l-y cunning and can be very suttle in his ways. Show him you are stronger and keep going to Mass - the stronger you are spiritually the weaker he becomes.

God bless.

First off, don’t be discouraged. 🙂 If there nothing contributing to your having a bad week after attending Sunday Mass, such as a family member who resents you attending Mass for whatever reason, or you aren’t reading a pattern into your bad weeks that doesn’t really exist (you may be expecting changes in your family that don’t happen because you attend Mass and so you innocently and unconsciously get on edge which sets off everyone else), or some other reason like that, then I’d say you were being attacked by the devil who very much wants you and your family to skip Sunday Mass.

You should offer up this problem to Jesus at Mass as your primary Mass intention, ask Mary for her intercession through the rosary, and pray the St. Michael prayer every morning without fail. The devil wants you to fail as a Christian, but God, Our Lady, the Saints and Holy Angels don’t want you to fail, so call upon them to help you and your family. Commit all your family members to the care and love of the Holy Family and do what you can to defuse any arguments or bad feelings that may arise while you go through this trial in your life, because you are in a battle for the souls of your family as well as yours, which God wants you to win and which you can win when you know what is happening and how to deal with it. I will remember you in my prayers, too!

Little Mary:
Go regularly and pray. When fights start at home, close your eyes and say a silent prayer to God to please remove all the “bad” that is happening right now and replace it with His goodness. End every prayer with “Your will be done”

Scott had a good point too - it may be an evil strategy from satan to make you think that going to church makes your week a bad one. satan is e-x-t-r-e-m-e-l-y cunning and can be very suttle in his ways. Show him you are stronger and keep going to Mass - the stronger you are spiritually the weaker he becomes.

God bless.
This may sound crazy :whacky: but I know what you mean! You and Scott both have good points…

Here’s what I do…may sound crazy again :whacky: everyone’s getting ready for church…baby crying, this one wanting this or that, I still haven’t put on makeup, nor packed bags…the list goes on and on…then I get the thought…" just stay home"…then I litteraly stomp my foot and say “GET OUT SATAN, LEAVE ME ALONE!”

It works!

So, Lisa, when you start having a “fight”, say a prayer and stomp your foot and say…

to quote my very Protestant (but very smart) Grandmother - “if the devil isn’t after you, then he’s already got you where he wants”

I’ve always found it to be true - most of the worse arguing in my home growing up happened on Sunday mornings when we were getting ready to go to church…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back