Clarification on Rosary prayer order

• Thread starter Thread starter trliber8
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

trliber8

Can someone tell me if you pray the two Our Fathers, three Hail Marys, and Apostle’s Creed after you say the Hail Holy Queen. Thanks

40.png
trliber8:
Can someone tell me if you pray the two Our Fathers, three Hail Marys, and Apostle’s Creed after you say the Hail Holy Queen. Thanks
You do not.

rosary-center.org/howto.htm

40.png
trliber8:
I suppose you could, but it’s not customary.

Other prayers that I have heard after the Salve Regina are the Memorare, the Prayer to St Michael by Pope Leo XIII, and another prayer whose name I do not know:

O God, whose only begotten Son, by His life, death, and resurrection has purchased for us the rewards of eternal life, grant, we beseech you, that meditating upon these mysteries of the most Holy Rosary of the Blessed Virgin Mary, we may imitate what they contain, and obtain what they promise: through the same Christ our Lord. Amen.

40.png
trliber8:
Can someone tell me if you pray the two Our Fathers, three Hail Marys, and Apostle’s Creed after you say the Hail Holy Queen.
You can if you want to, but most people don’t.

Technically speaking the Rosary consists of the Mysteries, one “Our Father” per Mystery, and ten repitions of the “Hail Mary” per Mystery. That’s it–everything else (like the “Glory Be” and Fatima Prayer for each Mystery, the introductory prayers [everything you say before the first Mystery], and anything you might say after completing the last decade like the “Hail, Holy Queen”) is an addition that’s outside of the basic Rosary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back