Clones and souls

• Thread starter Thread starter ppcpilot
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

ppcpilot

If a human clone was made, what of his/her conciousness? If the clone had a different personality and mindset, wouldn’t this put out to pasture the argument that conciousness is just a result of neural connection and chemicals?

Or would the existance of a personality and soul contradict that God knows us all before we were born, and implants the soul then?

A clone would be no different that an indentical twin. Just because a person has idendical DNA to someone else does NOT make them the same person.

A clone would have their own soul, be their own person and have their own conscienceness and memory.

In fact, the memory aspect is proof of a seperate soul. One of the aspects of a soul is memory. A clone would have different memories, therefore that is proof of it’s having it’s own soul.

A clone would have the potential to have the same personality as the original person…however, environment and situation plays a huge role in the development of personality. If you took a clone and raised it seperate from the original, they would be considerably different. Brendan is right when he says that it is much like an identical twin.

Another thing is that when a clone is produced from a middle-aged person (in theory for humans, but true with cloned animals) the clone will live only half the life of the person, aging considerbly faster. Aging very quickly physically does not mean maturing emotionally, therefore, you can assume that the clone at age 20 may possibly have the mindset of a 10 year old and so on.

I believe that a clone would have a soul since it is human life.

40.png
sarcophagus:
Another thing is that when a clone is produced from a middle-aged person (in theory for humans, but true with cloned animals) the clone will live only half the life of the person, aging considerbly faster. Aging very quickly physically does not mean maturing emotionally, therefore, you can assume that the clone at age 20 may possibly have the mindset of a 10 year old and so on.

I believe that a clone would have a soul since it is human life.
The aging problem is cellular aging, not physical aging. A 30 year old clone would have a 30 year old body and a 30 year old mind. The cells would have the ability to regenerate of a 60 year old.

You think? Some one cannot be just born and in a few years, have maturity. That comes with life experience. A clone of a 60 year-old man, will not have the intelligence of that person, nor the wisdom or maturity.

If the cells cannot renew themselves as quickly, this is called aging. If a clone’s cells cannot multiply at the same rate, then the clone will appear aged.

That’s just my opinion, I haven’t gotten far enough in my schooling to claim I’m an expert.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back