Coincidence or Communication?

  • Thread starter Thread starter dorothy_smith
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dorothy_smith

Guest
I, like I am sure do many of us experience repeated ‘happenings’ (always in the same form) time and time again that seem to go beyond mere coincidence. I feel as though these one on one incidents are communication with a higher being - perhaps the work of the Holy Spirit.

I would like to know if any of you similarly have had direct communication and if so in what form? It would be interesting to see if the format used is the same for all of us.
 
I think the Holy Spirit and our holy angels communicate to us often though we chose not to hear or don’t understand what is asked of us because it does not fit with our current desires.

They probably use a variety of ways to convey their messages until we finally get the point. Some of us will never sit and listen and some of us are just late bloomers.
 
I, like I am sure do many of us experience repeated ‘happenings’ (always in the same form) time and time again that seem to go beyond mere coincidence. I feel as though these one on one incidents are communication with a higher being - perhaps the work of the Holy Spirit.

I would like to know if any of you similarly have had direct communication and if so in what form? It would be interesting to see if the format used is the same for all of us.
Can you tell us more? Sounds fascinating?
 
Probably a lot of us find ourselves coming across pointed passages in the Bible or other spiritual reading. Personally, though, I tend to open my big mouth and start inveighing against some annoying person in the news – only to realize that I’m complaining about the same sort of thing I do!

Yes, the Holy Spirit is tricksy. He’ll do anything to get our attention. 🙂
 
are we talking about deja vu all over again? there is a psychological explanation for that phenomenon for what it’s worth.

If by higher beings you mean angels, they communicate directly rarely and only when God sends them with a message as that is their job function–messenger. The ordinary way God communicates with us is through His Word, his Son, in the form of the written revelation, the Bible and transmitted revelation, Sacred tradition, inspired by the Holy Spirit and proclaimed through the preaching and teaching office of the Catholic Church. Reading and hearing the Word proclaimed and participation in the sacramental life of the Church are the ordinary means by which the individual hears God speak.

Yes I do believe there are circumstances, not only with a person in an advanced state of virtue and union with God, but also with those who have separated themselves from God, where a more direct immediate message is received, and the angels are the carriers of these messages.

Whether or not any particular individual is receiving such messages is a matter for discernment, done in and with the mind of the Chuch under competent spiritual direction.
 
I, like I am sure do many of us experience repeated ‘happenings’ (always in the same form) time and time again that seem to go beyond mere coincidence. I feel as though these one on one incidents are communication with a higher being - perhaps the work of the Holy Spirit.

I would like to know if any of you similarly have had direct communication and if so in what form? It would be interesting to see if the format used is the same for all of us.
You opened the thread but still have not told us what your “happenings” are but you expect everyone to tell you something. Why don’t you go first??
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top