Combat Rosary

  • Thread starter Thread starter landon13
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi landon,

No, I don’t have that rosary, but I think that it is lovely! I would go ahead and get it. 🙂

I wear a Benedictine medal myself.
 
My wife just got me it for Christmas. It’s pretty awesome. Bigger than you might think and very heavy duty. Seems very well made and has some heft to it. I really really like it.
 
Is the Marian medal (written in Latin) the Miraculous Medal? I haven’t had too much luck finding rosary parts/medals written in Latin other than the St. Benedict medal (which I like BTW).

I like the concept of “heavy” rosaries such as that Combat Rosary. I make my own rosaries, and I’m hoping that sometime soon I can make my own “heavy” rosary. I sort of have a “heavy” rosary already but the wiring isn’t too strong; therefore it doesn’t always hold.

If you find your Combat Rosary interesting I found a “heavy” rosary (that I would love to have!) that is made in Ireland and made of local Connemara marble. When I saw it I went “wow!”

Here it is: ebay.com/itm/FULL-GENUINE-CONNEMARA-MARBLE-ROSARY-BEADS-WITH-EXTRA-STRONG-DOUBLE-LINK-CHAIN-/331091831640?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d169c6b58
 
It looks cool Landon. I am hoping it is made of a durable stainless metal. If not I would pass on it.
 
I thought combat(wartime) rosaries were suppose to be ‘quiet’ as in soft so as not to make any noise. I know of a person online that makes knotted rosaries for this purpose. You can also crochet one.
 
I thought combat(wartime) rosaries were suppose to be ‘quiet’ as in soft so as not to make any noise. I know of a person online that makes knotted rosaries for this purpose. You can also crochet one.
The Hahn family makes some great twine rosaries that are both durable and quiet. They even make a camouflage colored one. They are rather inexpensive as well.

realliferosary.com/free.html
 
I thought combat(wartime) rosaries were suppose to be ‘quiet’ as in soft so as not to make any noise. I know of a person online that makes knotted rosaries for this purpose. You can also crochet one.
These are replicas of the Rosaries that the US military gave out to Catholic soldiers during WWI. 🙂
 
I have looked at this rosary several times myself. I believe I will also get one.
 
I received this Rosary as a present and I love it. It is both beautiful and durable. Many rosaries are too fragile and break while others look too cheap. This rosary adds to the perceived strength of the rosary. When you hold it in your hand, it feel like you carrying a powerful weapon. As humans sometimes we need tangible things to that connection.
 
I have received this rosary and just wanted to say how much I appreciate not only the quality but the history behind it and why it is made in this fashion. A happy purchase to be certain and a well armed device in the war against evil!
 
I know this is coming late to the discussion, but I’ve been carrying one of these for 6 months or so now, and I love it. I’m actually giving one of these to a friend going through RCIA this Easter and one to the guy I’m sponsoring in RCIA. Just forwarded it on to the wife of another friend, who is Army Reserve, and it sounds like she’s going to pick one up for her husband for his b’day in a few weeks. Both my sons will be getting these for their confirmations in Fall, 2015 and Fall, 2016, as well.

Now, I just need to find an excuse to get one for my dad…
 
I have seen this rosary on the internet too. It does look very nice. I found when I was looking for a different rosary. 5 years or so ago there was a small Catholic bookstore who had some great rosaries. They were made for the military, with parachute cords so they would be virtually unbreakable. What I discovered was that also made them awesome for youngsters. (I have had a few rosaries break while in the kids hands)

I kept the tag from it … it was called The Rosary Project and I can’t find these anymore - - the store is also gone so I can’t ask them about it either.

Does anyone know about the Rosary Project?
 
Thank you for the link…this looks almost like what I had purchased in the past… only more expensive
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top