Comforting Children with Prayer

• Thread starter Thread starter BonnieBj
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BonnieBj

My soon-to-be-eight-year-old granddaughter is not Catholic. Seh spends part of easch summer with us and we see that she goes to VBS then. She has been a Christian for about 2 years now, such a lovely faith that of a child. Her parents have given us permision to teach her “Catholic things.” So, among other things, I started teaching her the rosary. Many nights when she had trouble getting to sleep, she asked me to pray the rosary out loud so she could fall asleep, and her teddy bear has her rosary around his neck. What a wonderful privilege this was. Just wanted to share this.

:love:

Why do kids do such cute things…
It’s more addictive then chocolate

40.png
BonnieBj:
My soon-to-be-eight-year-old granddaughter is not Catholic. Seh spends part of easch summer with us and we see that she goes to VBS then. She has been a Christian for about 2 years now, such a lovely faith that of a child. Her parents have given us permision to teach her “Catholic things.” So, among other things, I started teaching her the rosary. Many nights when she had trouble getting to sleep, she asked me to pray the rosary out loud so she could fall asleep, and her teddy bear has her rosary around his neck. What a wonderful privilege this was. Just wanted to share this.

:love:
Dear Bonnie

Beautiful!

Your granddaughter will always treasure in her heart the things Jesus is teaching her about Himself through you.

The little ones who are given the Truth, even though they may stray from it, will always come back to it.

God Bless and much love and peace to you, your granddaughter and all of your family.

Teresa

My brother reads kids books to his young daughter. She adores Mary and is fascinated by St Joan of Arc. Try to get some kids books on female Saints like these. She’ll love it. And it was wonderful of you to share the story. Delightful.

We teach baptism prep and regularly encourage families to pray together with their children. Prayers before and after meals, prayers at bedtime or even morning prayer together is a great tool. We always pray when there is a storm, when we have to pull over for an ambulance…we pray a Hail Mary to protect the rescue team, the victim and their family. It all takes only moments out of our day and it plants seed which hopefully will be fertile soil. Lives of the saints are outstanding ways to set examples for children.

My 12 1/2 year old GD has trouble sleeping so I got a CD of “The Divine Mercy” in song from EWTN … It relaxes her more than praying the Rosary…

40.png
BonnieBj:
Many nights when she had trouble getting to sleep, she asked me to pray the rosary out loud so she could fall asleep, and her teddy bear has her rosary around his neck.
I will remember this as my baby boy gets older. Right now we use a CD entitled, “Tantum Ergo”, a collection of traditional latin songs, and it works well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back