S
StickOfRock
Guest
I have been watching biblical documentaries recently in my discovery into faith and learning about Christianity. I am becoming more convinced of the Christian faith, at the same time I don’t want to be decieved if it’s not true. Reading the comments on these videos where people debate the truth of Christianity they made a few points that I was hoping someone here would be able to help and resolve for me.
Firstly one point was that in translating the Bible they changed what Christ said from ‘I am A son of God’ to ‘I am THE son of God’. They say about his words as a prophet of God being changed to be a messiah that died for our sins. Would someone please be able to relate to me any proofs that he was who modern Christians think he is and that he died for our sins so that we can be forgiven?
Another argument I see often in the comment section to Biblical (is it right to capitalize that?) videos is that because all religious work being written by human prophets, is man made. They make the point that anyone could say they are being guided by God and claim it to be true. My thinking is that divine intervention, like what happens in the Bible, could show God is there and truly is helping and communicating with people, but of course being written by men this could be altered to achieve whatever you would like (their arguments against). I would appreciate your views on this argument and any rebuttals to it.
Lastly, I watch an entertaining quiz show called QI, and the points they raise in this clip bother me into doubting the Bibles veracity. This is the link to anyone interested in helping with this/these questions: youtube.com/watch?v=VKzMy4Ya9s8
I apologize for my long post (and bad grammar and punctuation
), I am searching for the answers to my faith doubting/skepticism in the hopes I can become a believer in Jesus. I appreciate any help I receive with these questions so thank you to anyone who can help in advance.
Firstly one point was that in translating the Bible they changed what Christ said from ‘I am A son of God’ to ‘I am THE son of God’. They say about his words as a prophet of God being changed to be a messiah that died for our sins. Would someone please be able to relate to me any proofs that he was who modern Christians think he is and that he died for our sins so that we can be forgiven?
Another argument I see often in the comment section to Biblical (is it right to capitalize that?) videos is that because all religious work being written by human prophets, is man made. They make the point that anyone could say they are being guided by God and claim it to be true. My thinking is that divine intervention, like what happens in the Bible, could show God is there and truly is helping and communicating with people, but of course being written by men this could be altered to achieve whatever you would like (their arguments against). I would appreciate your views on this argument and any rebuttals to it.
Lastly, I watch an entertaining quiz show called QI, and the points they raise in this clip bother me into doubting the Bibles veracity. This is the link to anyone interested in helping with this/these questions: youtube.com/watch?v=VKzMy4Ya9s8
I apologize for my long post (and bad grammar and punctuation