Conception, gastrulation and abortion

• Thread starter Thread starter JJO
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JJO

Hi there,

I understand that each individual human life begins at conception. Thus the soul of a new individual begins to exist at conception.

However, I have read that after conception, twins may be formed up to a point called gastrulation. If twins are formed after conception, how does this fit in with the fact that only soul was present at conception - or where there two?

Also, does anyone know why so many zygotes die in the womb without the mother’s intention?

Thanks,
JJO

I understand that each individual human life begins at conception.
Yes, this is the teaching of Holy Mother Church.
Thus the soul of a new individual begins to exist at conception.
The Church has never decreed the point of ensoulment. God has chosen not to reveal that.
Also, does anyone know why so many zygotes die in the womb without the mother’s intention?
You can find lay articles as well as scholarly studies online:

https://www.uclahealth.org/obgyn/recurrent-pregnancy-loss

I understand that each individual human life begins at conception. Thus the soul of a new individual begins to exist at conception.

However, I have read that after conception, twins may be formed up to a point called gastrulation. If twins are formed after conception, how does this fit in with the fact that only soul was present at conception - or where there two?
We do not know when the conceived entity receives an immortal soul. As noted above, this is not part of God’s revelation. It may be at conception. it may be some time afterwards.

“Which twin gets the original soul” is a mystery that cannot be known.

As far as zygotes dying in the womb, likewise, we have no way to know. It is just nature operating in the way God designed it, and should be none of our concern. As far as what happens to the ensouled conceived entities, assuming they are ensouled, that is out of our hands, and nothing that it does us any good to worry about. If they go straight to heaven, then blessed be God. If they go to limbo because of original sin, then that is just the way it is, and we can know that at least they will never suffer and will always be happy.

If twins are formed after conception, how does this fit in with the fact that only soul was present at conception - or where there two?
If a zygote splits, then god infuses a new soul into the second at that moment.
Because they contained defects.

If they go straight to heaven, then blessed be God. If they go to limbo because of original sin, then that is just the way it is, and we can know that at least they will never suffer and will always be happy.
Hopefully.
As an extended question, do you think is it possible that these souls get another chance at life somehow>

40.png
HomeschoolDad:
If they go straight to heaven, then blessed be God. If they go to limbo because of original sin, then that is just the way it is, and we can know that at least they will never suffer and will always be happy.
Hopefully.
As an extended question, do you think is it possible that these souls get another chance at life somehow>
Way beyond my pay grade, friend. Way beyond.

Pax tecum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back