Confession and Indulgence

• Thread starter Thread starter starrs0
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

starrs0

If I remeber correctly on Feast Days that have plenery indulgenes if one goes to confession up to a certain time before or after it isconsidered ok but I’m not sure of the time limit what is it?

I’m afraid that I don’t know the time frame specifically for Feast Days. I would suggest that, since you need to be free from attachment to sin, you go to Confession before receiving Communion. If that is not possible, you I think that you must intend to go to Confession as soon as possible after Communion on the Feast Day - and then actually do so.

There is a link with some more information. It includes a reference to a book called the Handbook of Indulgences which may be have the answer. catholic.com/thisrock/1994/9411fea1sb4.asp

40.png
starrs0:
If I remeber correctly on Feast Days that have plenery indulgenes if one goes to confession up to a certain time before or after it isconsidered ok but I’m not sure of the time limit what is it?
The rule for plenary indulgences regardless of whether it represents a feast day or not is that the individual must have partaken of the sacrament of reconciliation either within 7 days prior to the event (feast) or within 7 days after the event. It is because of this that the Church considers going to confession every two weeks to be the best practice as the individual would continuously be entitled to all indulgencies throughout the year.

I am attending a healing mass celebrating the feast of St. Andrew the patron of our parish which under Church law is an occasion of a plenary indulgence provided I am free from all attachment of sin. This requirement is extremely difficult to achieve and only God knows whether or not you have succeeded. If I am unable to fully achieve this I will receive a partial indulgence to the extent God determines how much I achieved.

God Bless,

Vatican II :tiphat:

Well, there’s a plenary indulgance available this year on the Feast of the immaculate conception which is on the 8th. I go to confession on the first saturday of the month (the 3rd this year), so I’m good!

Well I guess I’m clear on the confession end I went to confession saturday the 26th and I intend pray to Mary for the intention that she obtain for me the grace to be free from all attachment to sin.

You have to go within a week (or is it 8 days) of the acts you perform to obtain the indulgance.

40.png
Jayson:
You have to go within a week (or is it 8 days) of the acts you perform to obtain the indulgance.
It is within eight days of the event.

Wow, I always thought it was 8 days.

You learn something new every day…

I was suprised too Jayson. I thought it was more like within 4 or 5 days but 20 wow The Holy See is really generous isn’t it.

Yes they are generous, but God just sent an email saying He is going to be harder on determining whether we are completely attached from sin now 😃

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back