Confession during Quarantine

• Thread starter Thread starter Ad_Collegium
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Ad_Collegium

Hello! So this is sort of backwards I feel, but I have struggled a lot with presumption in the past (in terms of sinning knowing I can go to confession). Since all the social distancing stuff started and confession has been harder to get to, I find that it’s easier to avoid temptations to habitual sin because I know I won’t be able to get to confession as quickly. Is there anything wrong with this, or is it alright to see this as a personal grace that has come out of all of this? I heard that it takes 21 days to break a habit, and there are 30 more days of lockdown, so I’m looking at it through that lens if it gives any context. Thanks and God bless!

Curious… havent throught about this before. I guess it could benefit you if it gives you a better (healthier) understanding of Confession and sin. I hope you can make it beneficial for your spritual well being. I will keep you in my prayers.

I have definitely been watching my actions during this time. I now realize that I have somewhat taken mass and the sacraments for granted and will strive to never do that again after this passes over.

I think a lot of people (including myself) are coming to that conclusion at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back